Senior Risk Manager
- Location Swindon, London, Countrywide
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 24/12/2018
- Ref R001200005
• Senior Risk Manager based in either London or Swindon
• £62,430 - £101,449 a year, dependent suitable skills and experience
• Open to full time and flexible working
• Please send your application in by 24th December
We believe the needs of small businesses are under served in the UK and we're looking to provide a mutual alternative in the market.
This is a chance to be involved in something brand new, where you’ll help to build and shape a new business and new propositions.
We’re looking for two experienced senior risk professionals to help build, develop and implement operational, conduct and compliance risk controls for Nationwide’s new SME proposition.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Have a wealth of experience in risk management in a financial services organisation. This could be with a focus on operational risk management across risks such as IT delivery, sourcing and contracting and payments and/or conduct and compliance risk
- Have experience providing risk management challenge and advice in the development of new product and propositions, and/or new infrastructure and processes to ensure key risks are identified, assessed and managed
- Have experience developing and delivering risk frameworks, to ensure risks are reported and monitored
- Have worked in an agile environment and can demonstrate how you take a pragmatic approach to change
- Have a strong knowledge of key regulations (FCA/PRA/PSR) and regulatory expectations
- Have worked in a collaborative environment and can evidence your ability to work successfully with others across a function, an organisation and with key external partners
- You’ll be used to communicating effectively across all levels and can evidence how you’ve successfully assimilated new information quickly
What you'll be doing
You’ll build a robust, compliant risk framework to keep Nationwide, its members and customers safe. Influencing internal and external stakeholders will be key, to ensure the systems, controls and products are built in a way that ensures all risks are appropriately managed.
Working as part of a small 1st line risk function, you’ll ensure that we appropriately identify, assess, manage, monitor and review all the key risks in the development and delivery of Nationwide’s exciting new SME proposition.
You’ll need to be prepared to show flexibility and work with momentum. We’re looking for a collaborator who can deliver at pace and can listen and absorb quickly, but someone who’s also able to challenge effectively to drive the right outcomes.
This is role where you can help build a 1st line risk function that is agile in the way it works, utilising the latest technology and advances in data management to be an innovative, industry leading risk function.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Single healthcare cover
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
- If based in London, London weighting of £4,687 gross per annum