Analyst - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £25,421 - £36,720
- Contract type Fixed Term Contract
- Closing date 22/04/2019
- Ref R002100277
We’re thinking big for our members and would you like to be involved…..
These days, mortgages are rarely out of the headlines, which makes it even more important that at Nationwide we offer great products which meet customer needs and deliver a market leading member experience. Our hugely respected, award-winning products and propositions have helped make us the UK’s second largest mortgage provider.
Behind the success is the Mortgages Product Team; focused on the end to end member journey with a track record of delivering exciting initiatives along with fair member focused policies. Reporting to the Product Manager of Mortgage Insight, we need an Analyst with enthusiasm and willingness to learn about our products with the aim of adding value through analysis and insight.
• An Analyst in our Mortgages team.
• Based in the head offices in Swindon.
• £25,421 - £36,720 pa based on a 35 hour week.
• This is a 12-month fixed term contract.
• Applications are invited until Monday 22/4/19.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
• Possess an inquisitive and analytical mindset, with the ability to interpret and correlate a wide range of business performance measures from multiple sources and present information in a logical and structured way
• Sound PC skills with a good knowledge of Excel and the ability to quickly assimilate new system skills
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to communicate complex analysis to a non-technical audience
• Logical, with a passion for problem solving and the ability to learn quickly
Desirable skills include:
• Familiarity with Nationwide’s mortgage book and/or the mortgage application process;
• Experience of coding would be ideal but the willingness and ability to learn coding would be essential
• The ability to explain your findings to a senior audience
• Comfortable gathering complex information and interpreting data from multiple sources, you will use your judgement to support well considered recommendations to senior management
What you'll be doing
• Providing analysis which supports the delivery of key financial targets along with insightful comments and proposals
• Maintaining an MI reporting schedule, ensuring reporting is provided in a timely manner and educates the reader with insightful commentary
• Carry out analysis with guidance to support the development of appropriate products or propositions or changes to our existing processes
• Build relationships with other areas of the business
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 34 days holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme, with access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• An annual performance related bonus scheme