Policy & Advice Manager
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 26/04/2019
- Ref R002203565
• Financial Crime Policy & Advice Manager based in either London or Swindon
• £42,370 - £61,201 a year, dependent on relevant skills and experience
• Permanent Opportunity
• Open to full time and flexible working
• Please send your application in by 26th April 2019
We believe the needs of small businesses are underserved in the UK and we're looking to provide a mutual alternative in the market.
This is a chance to be involved in something brand new, where you’ll help to build and shape a new business and new propositions. We’re looking for a Financial Crime Policy & Advice Manager with experience in Financial Crime and Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) Banking to help build, develop and implement Financial Crime controls for Nationwide’s new SME proposition.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Have a wealth of experience in Fraud / Anti-Money Laundering / Combating Terrorist Financing / Anti-Bribery and Corruption / Sanctions in the SME function of a financial services organisation.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of Financial Crime legislation, regulation, typologies, and industry-leading preventative and detective controls which manage the risks of Fraud / Money Laundering / Terrorist Financing / Sanctions / Bribery and Corruption.
- Have experience developing and delivering Financial Crime risk frameworks, to ensure risks are reported and monitored.
- Have experience managing operational teams within Financial Crime.
- Have experience providing risk management challenge and advice in the development of new products, propositions, infrastructure and processes to ensure key risks are identified, assessed and managed.
- Be used to taking a holistic view of business risk decisions and can evidence how you’ve identified the impact, or unintended consequences of our decision-making processes and ensured these have been understood.
- Have worked in an agile environment and can demonstrate how you take a pragmatic approach to change, and can work successfully with others across a function, an organisation and with key external partners.
- You’ll be used to communicating effectively across all levels and can evidence how you’ve successfully assimilated new information quickly.
What you'll be doing
You’ll support the development and implementation of a robust Financial Crime risk framework to keep Nationwide, its members and customers safe. Influencing internal and external stakeholders will be key, to ensure that systems, controls and products for Nationwide for Business are built in a way that ensures relevant risks are appropriately managed.
You’ll be working as part of a small 1st line risk function to ensure that we appropriately identify, assess, manage, monitor and review key risks in the development and delivery of Nationwide’s exciting new SME proposition.
You’ll need to be prepared to show flexibility and work with momentum. We’re looking for a collaborator who can deliver at pace and can listen and absorb quickly, but someone who’s also able to challenge effectively to drive the right outcomes.
This is a role where you can help build a 1st line risk function that is agile in the way it works, utilising the latest technology and advances in data management to be an innovative, industry leading risk function.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
- If based in London, London weighting of £4,687 gross per annum