- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £30,506 - £44,065
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 22/04/2019
- Ref R002100276
We’re thinking big for our members and would you like to be involved…..
These days, mortgages are rarely out of the headlines, which makes it even more important that at Nationwide we offer great products which meet customer needs and deliver a market leading member experience. Our hugely respected, award-winning products and propositions have helped make us the UK’s second largest mortgage provider.
Behind the success there is the Mortgages Product Team; focused on the end to end member journey and with a track record of delivering exciting initiatives along with fair member focused policies. Reporting to the Product Manager of Mortgage Insight, we need a Senior Analyst with a track record of adding value to our mortgage proposition through analysis and insight. They’ll also need a passion for ensuring members are at the heart of what we do and the commercial awareness to drive forward the mortgage business.
• A Senior Analyst to join the Mortgages team
• Ideally based in Nationwide House, Swindon or alternatively in Head office in Bournemouth or in Northampton.
• £30,506 - £44,065 pa based on a 35 hour week.
• Applications are invited until Monday April 22 2019.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
• Have SAS or SQL experience or equivalent coding experience, with the ability to understand complex data. (1+ years’ experience)
• Have experience in developing and delivering insight in line with organisational strategy.
• Have extensive experience of creating and managing relational database & analysis packages and working with large and complex data sets
• Be comfortable with extracting data from various sources for analytical and insight purposes
• Have proven ability to work to a high standard and with an eye for detail, working under own initiative and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
Desirable skills include:
• Familiarity with Nationwide’s mortgage book and/or the mortgage application process;
• The ability to explain your findings to a senior audience.
• Being degree level educated
• Comfortable gathering complex information and interpreting data from multiple sources, you will use your judgement to support well considered recommendations to senior management. Your insight and expertise to seek out and discover patterns and relationships in data will directly support the broader Mortgages Team.
• Ability to enhance future product propositions and forecasting methodologies by building up a knowledge hub within mortgages.
• Ability to work with external teams to identify better sources of data and the timely delivery of them. This is a high-profile role responsible for driving the use of this capability in mortgages and a great opportunity for the successful candidate to raise their profile in the business quickly.
What you'll be doing
We need a driven individual to work as a Senior Analyst in our Mortgages product team. You will take responsibility for the provision of reporting and analysis, and the translation of this into actionable insight that responds to the increasingly complex nature of the mortgages business and drives improved customer and commercial outcomes.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme