Senior Manager, Content Design - Fixed Term Contract, 12 Months
- Location Swindon, South West England
- Salary £54,231 - £88,126
- Contract type Fixed Term Contract
- Closing date 30/04/2019
- Ref R002100282
Senior Manager, Content Design
12-month fixed-term contract (maternity cover)
Salary: up to £88,000
Location: Swindon (with some travel to Bristol)
There’s never been a better time to join Nationwide.
Did you know we’re the world’s largest Building Society? Last year, more people opened a current account with us than with any other brand. We have one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry and continue to be voted the UK’s most trusted financial services brand.
We’re a mutual, run for the benefit of our members. Their needs are at the heart of everything we do, which sets us apart from our competitors and makes working here feel really different!
We’re now on a hugely exciting and ambitious journey to define what legendary service means for our members and champion it across the Society. We’re building the teams, standards and tools we need to make it happen – so we can continue to deliver lasting value to our members whether that’s across Mobile and Internet Banking, creating new and exciting propositions or revitalising our Branch network on the High Street – all designed to give choice to our members and meet their needs today and tomorrow…
We’re building our Society with new perspectives, diverse backgrounds, and richly varied experience. And that’s where you come in...
Who we're looking for
To help us deliver exceptional content-led experiences, we’re looking for a Senior Manager, Content Design.
In this pivotal role within our Member Service Design & Experience function, we’ll need you to be a leader who can tell as well as show. An evangelist who can represent content, and its inherent business value, at the highest levels across the organisation. We need a master crafts-person with demonstrable experience of creating exemplary content-led experiences who can lead their team to deliver and develop.
You’ll focus obsessively on our members: who they are, what they need and what motivates them. You’ll ensure every experience we create connects with its audience in a meaningful, authentic and recognisably Nationwide way.
Join us and you’ll grow Content Design as a discipline, shape our Society-wide content strategy and develop a culture where a content-first, user-centric approach is the norm.
You’ll support and influence senior stakeholders. You’ll champion content at every level. And you’ll use your knowledge and experience to encourage your team to continually raise the quality bar.
We’ll need you to have:
• Demonstrable experience championing content, and representing its importance as a business asset, at the most senior levels
• Extensive experience of macro-level strategic thinking, planning and design
• Demonstrable experience researching, designing and crafting content-led experiences in fast-paced, commercial environments
• Experience leading and managing in-house and freelance content strategists and designers – either agency or client-side
• Ideally a career in the consumer retail or banking space, with a proven track record of commercially evaluating, scoping and shaping online services and process
• A strong portfolio of content strategy and content design work
• Exceptional commercial awareness, strategic thinking and an ability to deliver member-focused digital experiences
• Well-developed pastoral skills and extensive experience leading and coaching multi-disciplinary teams
• Exceptional influencing, relationship building and communication skills
What you'll be doing
Taking the strategy you’ll help devise, you’ll lead and grow both the Content Design team and our methods and culture. You’ll be responsible for overseeing the creation of content-led experiences for our members and colleagues. And by driving the thinking and ways of working, ensure what we learn from our members and agree with our senior stakeholders is what we deliver.
With your industry expertise and gravitas, you’ll also represent our teams at events throughout our business, as well as at relevant external events.
The extras you'll get
As part of our team, you’ll receive:
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Car allowance - £4,656
• 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets