Audit Senior Manager - IT & Payments
Audit Senior Manager - IT & Payments
- Location: Swindon, UK Wide
- Salary: £54,231 - £88,126
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001400074
- Closing Date: 04 August 2019
- An Audit Senior Manager – IT & Payments, located in our head offices in Swindon, where most of our audit team and core operations are based.
- Salary £54,231 - £88,126 a year (dependent on skills and experience), based on a permanent, 35 hour per week, contract.
- Send in your application by 4th August 2019
Nationwide is different. It’s not just that our mutual status means we are owned by our members but there is a clarity of purpose that is evident in every decision that we make. Our constant reference point is how our decisions will impact our members and that is as true of Internal Audit as of any other part of the Society.
Our Internal Audit Community has about 85 employees from a broad range of backgrounds including risk, finance, IT, transformation and distribution. Our team works in a fast paced, member focused, agile audit environment and has an unmatched opportunity to interact with and add value to the largest building society in the world.
We are leading the way by embedding agile techniques across our activities to improve the delivery, value and impact of our audit work, driving increased engagement with stakeholders and empowering our staff to perform at their best.
We’re looking for someone who is up for a challenge; tenacious and positive in your approach, energetic and willing to try new ideas with a learning mindset. Proven and extensive technical experience in auditing operational IT controls and payment processes is essential, and you’ll also be someone who displays the right values, attitude and behaviours.
This role is based in Swindon as this is where most of the audit team and our core operations are based; however we're happy for the successful candidate to work from home, or another of our admin offices, for 1-2 days per week.
Who we're looking for
We’re looking for an experienced senior manager with technical knowledge of IT operations and payment platforms, ideally in a financial services environment. This knowledge may have been developed whilst working directly in these areas or through working in a risk management / internal audit function. Previous experience of leading audit or assurance activity in these technical areas would be an advantage, although full training on our audit approach, including the use of agile auditing techniques, will be provided.
As a minimum you’ll have:
- in-depth knowledge of auditing or managing risks, processes and controls associated with IT operations and payment processes. This includes knowledge of applicable payments regulatory requirements.
- exceptional organisational skills to drive the planning and delivery of a suite of audits of varying complexity across our IT operations and payment platforms, ensuring they’re high quality and in line with our audit methodology.
- experience of leading a high performing team, providing performance feedback, career guidance and coaching to help staff be their best and deliver efficiently to the highest professional standards.
- ability to influence others and build professional business relationships at all levels including executive leaders and directors.
Its not essential but it would be nice if you;
Also have a relevant professional qualification (for example, the CIIA qualifications or ISACA’s CISA).
What you'll be doing
You’ll be managing a small team of audit colleagues, providing regular performance feedback, career guidance and coaching to help them be at their best whilst delivering high quality and impactful audit work.
You and your team will deliver audits that assess IT operations and payments related governance, risk management and key controls that are relied on across the Society. This may involve some challenging conversations to agree identified issues, so you’ll need to be able to ask the right questions to pin point the key issues at play, be brave enough to challenge and have the integrity to build trust and credibility with your stakeholders.
This role presents a great opportunity to manage your own business area relationships, work in an energetic and productive team and further your credibility and reputation with our Senior Leadership team.
You’ll also contribute to the continuous evolution of Internal Audit and achievement of our goals.
The extras you'll get
For helping us do the right thing for our members, you’ll get:
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to a Healthcare scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
- Company car or allowance worth £4,656
- If London based, you’ll get an allowance worth £4,687
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and a Senior Mentor with whom you can explore longer term development goals and career plans.
- Flexible working - We believe in getting the job done in the way that works for both us and the business, which means you aren’t expected to be at a desk 9 – 5, Monday to Friday
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.