Audit Senior Manager - Credit Risk
Audit Senior Manager - Credit Risk
- Location: Swindon, Northampton, Bournemouth, London, UK Wide
- Salary: £54,231 - £88,126
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001400090
- Closing Date: 04 August 2019
- An Audit Senior Manager – Credit Risk, located in our offices in Swindon, London, Northampton or Bournemouth, although regular weekly travel to Swindon will be required as this is where most of the audit team and our core operations are based.
- Salary £54,231 - £88,126 a year (dependent on skills and experience), plus an annual cash allowance of £4,656, based on a permanent, 35 hour per week, contract.
- Send in your application by 4th August.
Nationwide is different. It’s not just that our mutual status means we are owned by our members but there is a clarity of purpose that is evident in every decision that we make. Our constant reference point is how our decisions will impact our members and that is as true of Internal Audit as of any other part of the Society.
Our Internal Audit Community has about 85 employees from a broad range of backgrounds including risk, finance, IT, transformation and distribution. Our team works in a fast paced, member focused, agile audit environment and has an unmatched opportunity to interact with and add value to the largest building society in the world.
We are leading the way by embedding agile techniques across our activities to improve the delivery, value and impact of our audit work, driving increased engagement with stakeholders and empowering our staff to perform at their best.
We’re looking for someone who is up for a challenge; tenacious and positive in your approach, energetic and willing to try new ideas with a learning mindset. Proven experience in credit risk management is essential, and you’ll also be someone who displays the right values, attitude and behaviours.
Who we're looking for
We’re looking for an experienced senior manager with extensive knowledge of credit risk management in areas relevant to Nationwide, including mortgages and unsecured lending. This knowledge may have been developed whilst working directly in these areas, or through working in a risk management/ internal audit function.
Previous experience of leading audit or assurance activity would be an advantage, although full training on our audit approach, including the use of agile auditing techniques, will be provided.
As a minimum you’ll have:
- Demonstrable knowledge of credit risk management in relevant areas to our Society, gained from working in any of the three lines of defence
- leading a high performing team;
- influencing senior stakeholders and contributing to committee decision making; and
- collaborating to ensure success of the wider team / function,
You will have a relevant professional qualification (for example; Institute of Risk Management, relevant credit risk related qualifications or the Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors).
What you'll be doing
You will have the freedom to manage your own business area relationships, build your credibility and reputation with our Senior Leadership team and solve problems that may arise. You will contribute to the continuous evolution of Internal Audit and achievement of our goals.
You’ll be responsible for:
- building relationships with a range of senior stakeholders, sharing insight and enhancing risk management at the Society.
- audit planning and delivery; ensuring the right audits are delivered, to time, quality and maximising value.
- managing, coaching and developing a small team of auditors.
Most importantly, you’ll be working on what matters and you’ll be able to see how your efforts directly impact members, communities and prospective clients. We’ll give you variety, purpose and visibility in the business.
The extras you'll get
For helping us do the right thing for our members, you’ll get:
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to a Healthcare scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
- Company car or allowance worth £4,656
- If London based, you’ll get an allowance worth £4,687
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and a Senior Mentor with whom you can explore longer term development goals and career plans.
- Flexible working - We believe in getting the job done in the way that works for both us and the business, which means you aren’t expected to be at a desk 9 – 5, Monday to Friday
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.