- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001400093
- Closing Date: 28 May 2019
- Reporting Consultant based in our Head Offices in Swindon
- £35,309 - £51,002 a year on a permanent full time contract
- Salary dependant on current package and internal policy
- Send in your application by 28/05/2019
Do you want to work in a high-profile environment that gives you the opportunity to produce a suite of reports and papers for the Audit Committee and other Executive Boards? Our team works in a fast paced, customer focused, dynamic environment and provides an unmatched opportunity to understand the impact the Internal Audit (IA) community has across the Society and add value to the largest building society in the world.
If you are a self-motivated, organised individual with proven experience of presenting complex messages in written communications to demanding timescales for multiple stakeholders, why not come and join our IA team as a Reporting Consultant? We’re looking for someone who can really make a difference as an integral part of a highly professional and friendly team that builds business relationships and influences stakeholders at all levels, both within and external to IA.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum you’ll:
- Be able to demonstrate your excellent written communication skills through previous experience of producing community-level and/or committee reporting and papers.
- Be comfortable dealing with the sourcing and analysis of data to provide insights for reporting whilst also having an eye for detail and data quality.
- Have strong team-working, organisational and problem-solving skills and be able to show us how you’ve used these to manage workload and deliver high quality work to tight deadlines.
- Be confident in engaging and influencing others at various levels and in different areas of our business, building and maintaining effective business relationships.
- Have previous experience of using Excel and Powerpoint for data analysis and reporting purposes, although training can be provided.
What you'll be doing
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Planning & Reporting you’ll:
- Be part of a team supporting the audit planning and reporting processes that help IA to achieve its strategic ambition of increasing its impact and influence across the Society.
- Be responsible for producing analyses, reports and papers for a variety of Community, Executive and Board committees that reflect assessments of IA’s performance, summarise audit activity and highlight key themes, trend and insights.
- Review and improve data controls and governance mechanisms associated with analyses and report production in IA.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests for information from the IA Senior Leadership Team and Chief Internal Auditor, providing accurate and timely written and verbal responses.
- Help to drive continuous improvements in data quality across IA and identifying and supporting initiatives to enhance IA’s reporting capability and wider activities.
This is an exciting time to join Internal Audit. We are a Community of about 85 employees from a broad range of backgrounds including treasury, finance, risk, IT, transformation and distribution. We believe in supporting and developing our people and, in addition to your development manager, you will have a senior leadership team mentor with whom you can explore longer term development goals and career plans. You will also have the chance to increase your skills, supported by access to an array of training and development opportunities. Most importantly of all, you will work in a team where you are trusted and supported so that you can be your best self and grow during your time in the role.
We are leading the way by embedding agile techniques across our activities to improve the delivery, value and impact of our audit work, driving increased engagement with stakeholders and empowering our staff to perform at their best.
We embrace flexible working, so if you want to work from home sometimes, that’s fine. We believe in getting the job done in the way that works for both us and the business, which means you aren’t expected to be at a desk 9 – 5, Monday to Friday. We pride ourselves in our ‘one team’ approach and our drive for continuous improvement, both of which support our vision of professional excellence and insightful assurance that drives positive change.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our members first and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it - people who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.