- Location: Swindon, Northampton, London, England
- Salary: £35,309 - £51,002
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001400098
- Closing Date: 24 July 2019
- An Audit Senior located in either our head offices in Swindon, or Admin offices in London or Northampton.
- Salary £35,309- £51,002 a year (dependent on skills and experience), based on a permanent, 35 hour per week, contract
- Send in your application by 24/07/2019
Do you want to work in a high-profile environment that gives you the opportunity to influence at the highest level? Our team works in a fast paced, customer focused, dynamic environment and provide an unmatched opportunity to interact with and add value to the largest building society in the world. We are leading the way by embedding agile techniques across our activities to improve the delivery, value and impact of our audit work, driving increased engagement with stakeholders and empowering our staff to perform at their best.
If you have strong member facing skills, with good analytical and problem-solving skills, have the influencing skills to make improvements happen and a proven ability to deliver challenging pieces of work in tight timescales, why not come and join our Internal Audit team.
We’re looking for someone who can really make a difference as part of a highly professional and friendly team identifying risks, testing controls and building strong business relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
This role can be located in Swindon, London or Northampton but requires regular travel to our Head Office in Swindon where most of our core functions are based.
Who we're looking for
We’re interested in hearing from you if you:
- Work effectively on your own or with colleagues to deliver a variety of audits to a high quality, in accordance with agreed scope and in line with audit methodology
- Have a strong member facing acumen, with good understanding and demonstrable experience in conduct risks and customer experience risks
- Have experience of producing clear, comprehensive and concise documentation which will support your audit work
- Have an analytical mind that will enable you to understand information about our business
- Are confident in influencing others at various levels and in different areas of our business
- Have, or are on your way to, completing a relevant professional or industry-specific qualification
- Whilst not essential, it would be nice if you had worked in an internal or external audit capacity previously.
What you'll be doing
You’ll be working as part of a team to deliver audits to a high standard and coaching audit colleagues through these processes. You will use your communication and influencing skills to present your findings to senior management and agree on the actions that should be taken. You’ll use agile auditing techniques to support efficient delivery of audits, maximise the value of audit work and build effective relationships with stakeholders in the business. Your analytical skills will also be used in spotting areas for improvement in the focus and/or efficiency of the team’s work, whilst your influencing skills will be called into action in presenting these potential improvements to Internal Audit’s senior leadership team.
Why Internal Audit?
This is an exciting time to join Internal Audit. We are a relatively small community of about 85 staff, but we are growing. We come from a broad range of backgrounds including finance, compliance, risk, IT, financial crime and transformation. We believe in supporting and developing our people and, in addition to your development manager, you will have a senior management team mentor with whom you can explore longer term development goals and career plans. Whilst this role can be based in Swindon, London or Northampton, you will need to travel regularly to our Head Office in Swindon as this is where the majority of the audit team and business functions are located. To help with your work/life balance, we embrace flexible working, so if you want to work from home sometimes that’s fine. We believe in getting the job done in the way that works for both us and the business, which means you aren’t expected to be at a desk 9 – 5, Monday to Friday. We pride ourselves in our ‘one team’ approach and our drive for continuous improvement, both of which support our vision of professional excellence and insightful assurance driving positive change.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us. As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training and support to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.