Audit Senior- IT
Audit Senior- IT
- Location: Swindon, South West England
- Salary: £35,309 - £51,002
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001400110
- Closing Date: 18 December 2019
Internal Audit (IA) works in a fast paced, member focused, agile audit environment and has an unmatched opportunity to interact with and add value to the largest building society in the world.
We’re looking for those who have good analytical and problem-solving skills and are able to influence to make improvements happen. You’ll want to really make a difference as part of a highly professional and friendly team identifying and testing controls to mitigate key business risks and building strong business relationships with stakeholders at all levels. As you’d expect, we’re keen to hear from those with Operational Resilience experience to join our IT Audit Portfolio; based on this foundation we’ll develop your technical, audit and soft skills to help your career flourish.
In return for your hard work, our Audit department is great at investing and developing our Audit Seniors careers either internally within Audit or as a vital stepping stone to work within the business.
This role is located in Swindon, our Head Office, where most of our core functions including IT are based.
Who we're looking for
We’re looking for individuals with a good understanding of Operational Resilience (including Business Continuity) who have the ability to assess and influence the control environment which underpins business-critical processes.
As a minimum you’ll need to:
- Have experience in either working in, assessing or auditing Operational Resilience.
- Have teamworking experience/ collaboration skills to work effectively with colleagues to deliver a variety of audits to a high quality, in accordance with agreed scope and in line with IA methodology.
- Have experience of producing clear, comprehensive and concise documentation which will support your audit work.
- Have analytical, problem solving, organisational, lateral thinking and interpersonal skills.
- Have experience establishing and maintaining professional business relationships with key stakeholders in defined areas of the business.
In addition, you may:
- Have, or be on your way to, completing a relevant certification (such as ISO 22301)
What you'll be doing
As an Audit Senior, you will:
- Deliver various audits across the Operational Resilience domain.
- Apply your technical knowledge and audit skills and work effectively with colleagues to deliver high quality, impactful audits.
- Analyse the design and effectiveness of relevant controls.
- Use analytical skills in spotting areas for improvement in the focus and/or efficiency of the team’s work, whilst your influencing skills will be called into action in presenting these potential improvements to senior management.
- Evaluate the adequacy and timeliness of management’s response and the corrective action taken.
We are a relatively small division, of about 80 staff, but we are growing. We come from a broad range of backgrounds, including finance, compliance, risk, IT, financial crime and transformation. We believe in supporting and developing our people and, in addition to your development manager, you will have a senior management team mentor with whom you can explore longer term development goals and career plans.
We embrace flexible working, so if you want to work from home sometimes, that’s fine. We believe in getting the job done in the way that works for both us and the business, which means you aren’t expected to be at a desk 9 – 5, Monday to Friday. We pride ourselves in our ‘one team’ approach and our drive for continuous improvement, both of which support our vision of protecting members’ interests and influencing business success.
The extras you'll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
We’ve let you know about the flexibility available for this role at the start of the advert. This means you can quickly decide if it suits how you’d like to work.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.