Audit Manager - Cloud and IT
Audit Manager - Cloud and IT
- Location: Countrywide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001400112
- Closing Date: 21 October 2020
As an Audit Manager you’ll lead audits, taking responsibility for scoping, execution and reporting. You’ll be primarily focused on identifying controls which mitigate key business risks and assessing their adequacy and effectiveness, providing audit opinions to quality and time. As an Audit Manager, you’ll also take responsibility for co-ordinating the delivery team, identifying development needs and coaching individuals to achieve their performance objectives.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
Internal Audit (IA) are a 90-strong community with backgrounds in everything from Financial Crime and Compliance to IT and Retail. IA use their expertise and experience to complete internal audits across the whole Society.
Due to COVID-19 the way we are operating as an organisation is changing. As we try to navigate the varying and unprecedented landscape we are continuing to work on how and where our teams work during this time. As a result, we are flexible on location, and whilst this role will involve working remotely to begin with, as things begin to adapt further there may be occassional travel to Swindon.
What you’ll be doing
Working alongside your colleagues you’ll use your specialist Cloud & IT knowledge and audit skills to deliver high quality, impactful technology audits. This will be in accordance with an agreed scope and in line with IA methodologies.
Once you’ve analysed the design and effectiveness of controls, and spotted areas for improvement in the focus and/or efficiency of the team’s work, you’ll then be called upon to use your influencing skills in order to present these potential improvements to senior management.
Following final publication of your audit report, you’ll keep in contact with your business stakeholders as they look to implement the required improvements. When the audit issues have been resolved, you’ll validate that the work they’ve undertaken mitigates the risk that was highlighted.
You will also communicate regularly and effectively with other members of IA to ensure that work is appropriately coordinated and key messages from business engagement meetings are shared with relevant IA colleagues.
We’re interested in people with a comprehensive understanding of key risks of Cloud & IT, plus a solid knowledge of IT infrastructure. Your experience should support the ability to assess and influence the IT control environment and operations that underpin our IT estate and support our forward-thinking technology strategy. This role is open to individuals with first line backgrounds in Cloud & IT, who may not have Internal Audit experience as well as experienced Cloud & IT Auditors.
As a minimum you’ll need to have:
- A good understanding of different cloud technologies and solutions including SaaS, IaaS and ePaaS as well as new ways of working within these environments e.g. DevSecOps.
- Experience in either assessing or auditing IT across different types of technology;
- Great teamworking and collaboration skills, as you’ll need to work effectively with colleagues;
- Experience producing clear, comprehensive and concise documentation which will support your audit work;
- Experience in establishing and maintaining professional business relationships with key stakeholders in defined areas of the business;
- Analytical, problem solving, organisational, lateral thinking and interpersonal skills; and
- Or be on your way to completing a relevant certification such as a Cloud Security Certification, IIA, CISA or CISSP or equivalent.
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are.
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role.
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time. or compressed hours.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
- Status car allowance - £4,656 per annum
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.