- Location: Swindon, South West England
- Salary: £35,309 - £51,002
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001400121
- Closing Date: 10 April 2020
Do you want to work in a high-profile environment that gives you the opportunity to influence at the highest level? We are leading the way by embedding agile techniques across our activities to improve the delivery, value and impact of our audit work, driving increased engagement with stakeholders and empowering our employees to perform at their best.
If you have good analytical and problem-solving skills, have the influencing skills to make improvements happen and a proven ability to deliver challenging pieces of work in tight timescales, why not come and join our Internal Audit team as an Audit Senior.
We’re looking for someone who can really make a difference as part of a highly professional and friendly team identifying risks, testing controls and building strong business relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
Why Internal Audit?
This is an exciting time to join Internal Audit. We are a relatively small community of about 80 employees, but we are growing. We come from a broad range of backgrounds including finance, compliance, risk, IT, financial crime and transformation. We believe in supporting and developing our people and, in addition to your development manager, you will have a senior management team mentor with whom you can explore longer term development goals and career plans.
To help with your work/life balance, we embrace dynamic working, so if you want to work from home sometimes that’s fine. We believe in getting the job done in the way that works for both us and the business,
which means you aren’t expected to be at a desk 9 – 5, Monday to Friday. We pride ourselves in our ‘one team’ approach and our drive for continuous improvement, both of which support our vision of professional excellence and insightful assurance driving positive change.
Send in your application by 10th April 2020
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
• Have a good understanding of the risks, processes and controls associated with major change programmes
• Have experience of assuring major change programmes in a 3rd line audit capacity
• Have experience of producing clear, comprehensive and concise documentation
• Have a relevant professional or industry-specific qualification e.g. PRINCE 2
• Familiar with Agile Change delivery methodology
It would be nice if you also had:
• Work effectively with colleagues to deliver outcomes to a high quality, in accordance with agreed scope and approach
• Have an analytical mind that will enable you to understand information about our business
• Have experience developing and maintaining professional business relationships with key stakeholders in defined areas of the business
• Are confident in influencing others at various levels and in different areas of our business
What you'll be doing
You’ll be working as part of a team to deliver audits to a high standard. You will use your communication and influencing skills to present your findings to senior management and agree on the actions that should be taken. You’ll use agile auditing techniques to support efficient delivery of audits, maximise the value of audit work and build effective relationships with stakeholders in the business. Your analytical skills will also be used in spotting areas for improvement and/or efficiency in the focus of the team’s work, whilst your influencing skills will be called into action in presenting these potential improvements to Internal Audit’s senior leadership team.
The extras you'll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
We’ve let you know about the flexibility available for this role at the start of the advert. This means you can quickly decide if it suits how you’d like to work.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
• A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
• Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus
• Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
• 25 days holiday
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.
You may also be interested in these related vacancies
Audit Senior - IT
£35,309 - £51,002
Senior Data Analyst
£30,506 - £44,065