Audit Senior - IT
Audit Senior - IT
- Location: Swindon, Northampton, Bournemouth, London, Countrywide
- Salary: £35,309 - £51,002
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001400122
- Closing Date: 09 April 2020
Audit Senior – IT Application Controls
Audit Senior - IT Application Controls, Change
Audit Senior - IT Application Controls, Digital , Propositions, Distribution & Servicing
About the role:
We’re looking for a number of people who can really make a difference as part of a highly professional and friendly Community. As an Audit Senior, you’ll be identifying risks, testing controls and building strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels across the business.
If you have good analytical and problem-solving skills, have the influencing skills to make improvements happen and a proven ability to deliver challenging pieces of work in tight timescales, why not come and join our Internal Audit team.
We have a number of Audit Senior vacancies within our IT, Change and Propositions, Distribution & Servicing audit teams.
Why Internal Audit?
This is an exciting time to join Internal Audit. We are a relatively small community of about 90 employees, but we are growing. We come from a broad range of backgrounds including finance, compliance, risk, IT, financial crime and transformation. We believe in supporting and developing our people and, in addition to your development manager, you will have a senior management team mentor with whom you can explore longer term development goals and career plans.
We embrace flexible working, so if you want to work from home sometimes, that’s fine. We believe in getting the job done in the way that works for both us and the business, which means you aren’t expected to be at a desk 9 – 5, Monday to Friday. We pride ourselves in our ‘one team’ approach and our drive for continuous improvement, both of which support our vision of protecting members’ interests and influencing business success.
What you'll be doing
- Work effectively on your own or with colleagues to deliver a variety of audits to a high quality, in accordance with agreed scope and in line with audit methodology
- Ability to identify and assess the input, processing and output risks and controls (both manual and automated) for a given business process;
- Have experience of producing clear, comprehensive and concise documentation which will support your audit work;
- Previous experience of documenting and evaluating the information flow within a business process;
- Good communication and influencing skills at various levels including the ability to work independently and within a team;
- Have, or are on your way to, completing a relevant professional or industry-specific qualification and Good analytical, organisational and problem-solving skills.
In addition, we are also looking for the further minimum requirements which are specific to each audit team as follows:
Digital , Propositions, Distribution & Servicing Audit Team
We are looking for individuals who have a strong understanding and experience of auditing customer environments, with good understanding and demonstrable experience in auditing IT applications in relation to retail banking products and distribution channels such as branch, call centre and digital banking,. We are particularly looking for someone with internal audit experience of a function covering retail banking or business banking .
Change Audit Team
We are looking for individuals with experience of auditing transformational change, with a particular focus on large scale technology change. Ideally, you will have a good understanding of traditional and agile methods of delivering change; and controls that provide assurance during the development and implementation of IT applications.
IT Audit Team
We are interested in individuals with a strong background in IT Applications Controls who can transfer those skills to assess and influence the control environment which supports key business process areas. As a minimum requirement for the IT Application Controls you’ll have:
- Knowledge of IT operations and infrastructure components;
- A good understanding of IT controls that provide assurance over Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of business applications and associated data;
The successful candidate could have an IT Application Controls audit background or be an individual currently working in the first line with strong IT Application Controls skills who is looking for a change of perspective in their role. Either way you will be integrated into the business auditor teams to deliver an impactful audit which combines key IT controls with business processes.
It would be nice if you also had:
- Experience of auditing;
- Understanding of key processes in Financial Services, and in particular Payments; and
- Have, or be on your way to completing, an IT controls relevant certification (such as CISA, CISSP or equivalent)
You’ll be working as part of a team to deliver audits to a high standard.. You will use your communication and influencing skills to present your findings to senior management and agree on the actions that should be taken. You’ll use agile auditing techniques to support efficient delivery of audits, maximise the value of audit work and build effective relationships with stakeholders. Your analytical skills will also be used in spotting areas for improvement in the focus and/or efficiency of the team’s work, whilst your influencing skills will be called into action in presenting these potential improvements to Internal Audit’s senior leadership team.
You will apply your IT Application Controls knowledge to work effectively with colleagues to deliver high quality, impactful audit reports. Working with the business auditors, you will identify and test the key IT Application Controls which underpin the business process in question, under the direction and mentorship of the IT Application Controls Audit Manager. As such, this is a great opportunity to develop both IT and business process specific experience.
The extras you'll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be logging on from other offices across the UK or working part time or compressed hours. We’ve let you know about the flexibility available for this role at the start of the advert. This means you can quickly decide if it suits how you’d like to work.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
• A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
• Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus
• Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
• 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide?
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.