IT Audit Senior
IT Audit Senior
- Location: Countrywide
- Salary: £35,309 - £51,002
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001400122
- Closing Date: 22 October 2020
As an Audit Senior you’ll undertake audits, helping to identify controls which mitigate key business risks and testing that they’re adequate and effective. You’ll take responsibility for producing audit papers and building good stakeholder relationships.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it’s doing, is member focused.
Internal Audit (IA) are a 90-strong community with backgrounds in everything from Financial Crime and Compliance to IT and Retail. IA use their expertise and experience to complete internal audits across the whole Society.
Due to COVID-19 the way we are operating as an organisation is changing. As we try to navigate the varying and unprecedented landscape we are continuing to work on how and where our teams work during this time. As a result, we are flexible on location, and whilst this role will involve working remotely to begin with, as things begin to adapt further there may be occasional travel to Swindon.
What you’ll be doing
Working alongside your colleagues, using agile auditing techniques, you’ll use your specialist IT Application Controls knowledge to support and deliver efficient, high quality, impactful audit reports, in accordance with an agreed scope and in line with IA methodologies. Under the direction and mentorship of an IT Audit Manager, you’ll identify and test the key IT Application Controls which underpin the business process in question.
Once you’ve helped to analyse the design and effectiveness of the information technology controls, and spotted areas for improvement in the focus and/or efficiency of the team’s work, you’ll then be called upon to use your influencing skills to present these potential improvements to Internal Audit’s senior management and help to shape the actions that should be taken.
This is a great opportunity to develop both IT and business process specific experience.
We are interested in individuals with a strong background in IT Applications Controls who can transfer those skills to assess and influence the control environment which supports key business process areas.
The successful candidate could have an IT Application Controls audit background or be an individual currently working in the first line with strong IT Application Controls skills who is looking for a change of perspective in their role. Either way you will be integrated into the business auditor teams to deliver an impactful audit which combines key IT controls with business processes.
As a minimum requirement, you’ll have:
- great teamworking and collaboration skills, as you’ll need to work effectively with colleagues to deliver a variety of audits to a high quality;
- the ability to identify and assess the input, processing and output risks and controls (both manual and automated) for a given business process;
- experience of producing clear, comprehensive and concise documentation which will support your audit work;
- experience of documenting and evaluating the information flow within a business process;
- good communication and influencing skills at various levels, including the ability to work independently and within a team;
- knowledge of IT operations and infrastructure components; and
- a good understanding of IT controls that provide assurance over Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of business applications and associated data.
It’s not essential but it would be nice if you also had:
- Experience of auditing;
- Understanding of key processes in Financial Services
- an IT controls relevant certification such as CISA, CISSP or equivalent (or were on your way to completing this)
- We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.