Business Intelligence Specialist
Business Intelligence Specialist
- Location: Swindon, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001500441
- Closing Date: 31 May 2019
• A Business Intelligence Specialist in Compliance Advise's Insight Team
• Salary £30,506 - £44,065 a year on a permanent full-time contract
• Salary dependant on current package and internal policy
• Send in your application by 31/05/2019
The Insight team sits within Compliance Advice, which is part of the Risk community and provides independent analysis and insight to aid discussions with the 1st line as well as generating thought provoking pieces for the Society. The team also supports Compliance Oversight in their reviews with a data-led approach. The content we produce helps to drive conversation in the business and harnesses the power of data to draw out Conduct and Compliance related issues.
The team is committed to increasing the use of data within Compliance Advice & Oversight and showcasing how analysis and insight can improve our decision-making and the messages we deliver.
Who we're looking for
We’re looking for candidates that have experience within a SAS analysis environment, with experience in financial services preferred.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Have significant experience using Base SAS or Enterprise Guide and proficient in use of Macros and SQL.
- Ideally be a fast learner who can champion new ideas.
- Have excellent communication skills and be good at building relationships across all levels.
- Be numerate with a logical mind set.
- Be innovative, creative and agile, developing and championing new ideas, spotting opportunities, and learning fast along the way.
- Proficient in using MS Office Software – in particular, Excel.
It would be nice if you also had:
- Experience of SAS Visual Analytics.
- An understanding of the challenges facing a Bank or Building Society in ensuring good outcomes for customers.
What you'll be doing
As part of a growing Insight team that sits within our Compliance Advice function, your focus will be producing high quality insight and analysis to the product teams within Compliance Advice and to teams across Nationwide, and support ongoing reviews within Compliance Oversight.
You will be working with our internal customers to understand their analysis requirements and using SAS to develop solutions which support their work. The work often consists of taking abstract ideas or thoughts and utilising data to test hypotheses and draw out any conclusions. The insight you produce will provide the team with a fresh perspective which will be used to challenge and engage with stakeholders right across the business.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
We have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.