Senior Risk Analyst - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Senior Risk Analyst - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Location: Swindon, South West England
- Salary: £35,309 - £51,002
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Ref: R001500462
- Closing Date: 28 May 2019
- A Senior Analyst in our head offices in Swindon.
- £35,309-£51,002 a year, plus benefits on a 12 month FTC
- Salary dependant on current package, experience and internal policy
- Send in your application by 28/05/2019
A fantastic opportunity has become available as a Risk Analyst in our established Retail Decision Modelling team, a team which has been short-listed for the 2019 Credit Strategy Awards for “Best Use of Technology” and “Credit Modelling & Risk Team of the Year”! The role involves owning and leading key projects, responsible for delivering decision tools that enable the business to make better decisions for our members.
As a Senior Analyst, with the support of a Risk Manager Lead, you will be responsible for leading projects relating to the ongoing development, maintenance and monitoring of Credit Risk decision models across multiple cycles (Application, Behavioural and Collections), and Affordability solutions across all our Retail lending portfolios. The role will require a strong understanding of retail modelling, portfolio behaviour and the application of models into key business decisions. Hands-on model development experience will be essential, as the role will involve developing and executing solutions to complex business problems. Capability to translate complex issues into a more palatable form for a less technical audience will also be critical to ensure productive relationships with key stakeholders. Furthermore, a strong understanding of the model development process will be required to ensure accurate project plans and delivery of projects to time. As well as traditional model development techniques, including regression modelling, use of cutting-edge Machine Learning techniques will also feature within model development and maintenance.
People leadership experience is desirable for you to coach and support the wider team to deliver high quality models.
Who we're looking for
You’ll need to:
- Have extensive experience in Retail Modelling, preferably scorecard development
- Have strong knowledge of Retail lending products, ideally Unsecured and Secured products
- Have a strong quantitative degree ideally from a Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Financial or related subject
- Be a highly motivated and industrious individual capable of working on a combination of different activities at once
- Have strong communication and influencing skills, able to quickly build and maintain good working relationship with a range of diverse stakeholders
- Be able to interpret and communicate model MI to less technical audiences
What you'll be doing
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing, documenting and delivering scorecards and models across both Secured and Unsecured products, employing relevant statistical techniques.
- Effectively plan and prioritise activities, engaging key retail risk stakeholders.
- Working with stakeholders across the business to safely implement new models.
- Providing expert opinion on the use of these models.
- Coaching and mentoring less experienced modellers, ensuring best in class modelling.
- Pro-actively engaging and communicating with the wider business on model developments and how they will impact business decisions.
- Communicating model performance to risk committees and senior management.
- Deliver high quality models that adhere to current modelling standards and model validation governance.
The role will involve engagement with the Systems, Product Risk, Collections, Retail IRB Modelling & Model Validation teams to ensure that that requirements are understood, met and implementable. You will also be responsible for presenting your projects and various scorecard MI to modelling fora and committees.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.