Design & Build Analyst - 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
Design & Build Analyst - 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £25,421 - £36,720
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Ref: R001500481
- Closing Date: 21 June 2019
- Design & Build Analyst, working in the Risk Education Team in Nationwide House, Swindon
- £25,421-£36,720 a year on a 6-month full time fixed term contract
- Salary dependant on current package and internal policy
- Closing date 21st June 2019
Who will you be working with
We are an energetic and friendly team who work in an agile manner, responding to and meeting the needs of our stakeholders. We think big and like to challenge the status quo. We work with a wide range of stakeholders to produce educational materials that redefine the standards at Nationwide.
This role will provide the successful candidate an opportunity to be part of this close-knit team and get involved in the design and build of educational materials for several important projects that ensure we remain strong, stable and built to last. The role will allow you to be creative, think big and make genuine beneficial changes that help risk practitioners across the society.
You will also get to work with multipile sets of stakeholders across the Risk Community and the Society, making things happen. Often your stakeholders will be more senior and specialised in their knowledge.
Who we're looking for
Most importantly we are looking for a can do attitude, when barriers spring up you need to be the person who finds the solution to the issue by thinking outside the box. We are a creative team and we need you to be creative yet practical. You will need to be able to assimilate lots of information quickly, the role will require you to be able to create educational materials to support the understanding and the embedding of risk management.
We work with a wide variety of stakeholders who are technical specialists, it will be your job to help us take their specialist knowledge and understanding and turn it into engaging training materials for risk professionals across the society. This means you will be tenacious and comfortable with influencing at a senior level and making your voice heard when it needs to be heard.
As a minimum you’ll have or be:
• Strong Presentation skills
• Understanding of visual design principles
• Highly competent and comfortable using a computer
• The ability to quickly learn how to use new pieces of software
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• The ability to learn new information quickly and to seek further guidance when required
It would be nice if you also had:
• Working knowledge and experience of using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and premier Pro) we can provide training on these
• Risk Management knowledge/experience
• IRM/ICA qualification or similar
What you'll be doing
This secondment is a brilliant opportunity to learn, develop and grow, it will offer you an environment with you can learn, develop and experiment. Every day will be different, and each week will present its own challenges, adventures, opportunities and demands, you will have to be flexible and agile to respond to these needs.
You will be responsible for co-designing educational materials, in a wide variety of formats, with team members, subject matter experts and stakeholders. Collaboration is a key to our success. Once the design proposal has been approved you will help build the materials and ensure they are ready for practitioners to use.
We work on maintaining and updating the Risk Management at Nationwide intranet site in collaboration with the Risk Framework Team. Working knowledge of managing a Nationwide intranet site will be beneficial.
As a team we are involved in many projects and initiatives, exposing you to many people, projects and opportunities.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it - people who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.