Risk Analyst/Risk Analyst Lead/ Senior Risk Analyst
Risk Analyst/Risk Analyst Lead/ Senior Risk Analyst
- Location: Central London, London Area
- Salary: £35,309 - £51,002
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001500482
- Closing Date: 27 June 2019
- A Risk Modeller in our IRB Modelling team based in London
- Salary bands: £25,421 - £36,720 / £30,506 – 33,896 / £35,309 - £51,002 per annum (salary and level is dependent on skills and experience), plus a London allowance and benefits based on a full-time permanent contract (35 hours per week).
- Send in your application by 27/06/2019
Nationwide is committed to providing equality of opportunity in employment, and to developing work practices and policies that support work-life balance. As such we welcome applications from those looking for flexible working.
The expanding role of modelling in risk management has led Nationwide to invest in their Retail Credit Risk modelling capability, demonstrating the value it places on advances in this area.
As part of this investment, a fantastic opportunity has become available, as we are seeking a new team member to join the Retail IRB Modelling team, operating from our London office. We are looking for a motivated individual who thrives on solving problems and has a desire to learn in a supportive environment.
As a member of our team, you will play a key role in the design, development and maintenance of Retail Credit Risk IRB models. The role will provide the successful candidate with an opportunity to analyse and model complex problems using innovative techniques, to provide recommendations and solutions which will drive strategic decisions across the business.
Who you will be working with
We are a friendly team that operates in London, working together to develop high-quality retail Advanced Internal Ratings Based (AIRB) credit risk models. This role is an opportunity to build models which are key to business decisions taken within the Society and to learn skills which will be crucial to the future success of the Society.
Who we're looking for
This role is all about model development, so you’ll need to:
• Be educated to degree-level in a highly numerate subject (such as Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Economics or Computer Science);
• Have experience of statistical model development using SAS (preferably including SAS Enterprise/Miner);
• Demonstrate experience in risk modelling, with an ability to apply different modelling techniques;
• Have a good understanding of risk management practices such as credit scoring and how it is used to manage credit risk;
• Have an aptitude for working with data, analysing, generating insight and sharing your conclusions in an open, honest and precise manner;
• Have a passion for researching new ways to solve complex problems that deliver valuable insight and real business benefit;
• A highly-motivated individual, with a willingness and aptitude to take the initiative and proactively offer solutions to problems.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to clearly communicate complex issues in a succinct and simple way;
It would be nice if you had:
• An awareness and understanding of retail IRB risk modelling;
• Experience using a range of statistical modelling techniques, including linear and logistic regression, and decision tree models.
If you feel you would be a good fit for this role and you can tell us about your transferable experience, we encourage you to apply.
What you'll be doing
Under the guidance of a Modelling Manager, you will be responsible for:
• Employing relevant statistical and analytical techniques to develop and maintain AIRB credit risk models.
• Employing ‘best-in-class’ modelling practice.
• Sharing knowledge and expertise across the team.
• Communicating the performance of models to the wider business.
• Working with stakeholders from across the business.
• Contributing to the success and evolution of the team.
This role is an opportunity to build models which are key to business decisions taken within the Society and to learn skills which will be crucial to the future success of the Society. You will be responsible for end-to-end model developments; working closely with the business to understand its needs, understanding the data and what it tells us, evaluating innovative methodologies and building and testing models which explain the risks the society faces.
We embrace flexible working, so if you want to work from home sometimes or would be looking to work part time please let us know and we can see whether we can make this work for the role.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary you’ll get:
• Training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The opportunity to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday.
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• An annual performance related bonus scheme
• A London Allowance worth £4,687
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.