Risk Analyst Lead
Risk Analyst Lead
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £30,506 - £44,065
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001500486
- Closing Date: 28 June 2019
• A Risk Analyst Lead in our head offices in Swindon
• £30,506 - £44,065 a year on a permanent full time basis
• Salary dependent on current package, skills and internal policy
• Send in your application by 28/06/2019
Working within the Unsecured Credit Risk Team in the Risk Community, you’ll play a lead role in developing and driving forward our credit risk strategies through analytics and insight.
Who will you be working with:
We are a friendly, hard-working and dynamic team that operates from Swindon, working together to drive forward Nationwide’s credit risk strategy on the unsecured products.
This role will provide the successful candidate an opportunity to be part of this close-knit team. As a team within Credit Risk you will work on a variety of different projects and initiatives. Nationwide are making significant investment in technology, so you will get the opportunity to work on exciting new propositions and ways of delivering financial services. If you have a passion for doing the right thing in the right way for our members, this role may be for you.
Who we're looking for
We are interested in people who enjoy and have experience of working in a fast-paced team, a real interest in Risk and individuals who are not afraid of taking on responsibility, with a desire to further your career in a growing sector of the financial services industry.
You’ll need to have or be:
• Educated to degree level, in a numerate discipline with strong reporting and analytical abilities
• Experienced in an analytic role, preferably within the financial services industry
• An understanding of analytics packages and coding, preferably SAS
• Be highly inquisitive and have experience of analysing and interpreting data
• Experience delivering and improving insightful reporting
• A great team player, with a willingness to support and lead your colleagues to tackle problems head on, identifying and communicating the appropriate solution and driving it through to delivery
• Proven ability to develop and leverage strong working relationships at a senior level within the business
• An excellent communicator, both written and verbally
• Self-motivated, keen to learn new skills, driven to develop yourself and able to coach peers in technical and analytical skills
What you'll be doing
You’ll be strongly involved in:
• Utilising risk knowledge and analytical skills to deliver solutions for credit risk improvement that will contribute to strategy enhancements.
• Leading the design and delivery of insightful and informative reports/packs that will promote risk-based decision making across relevant business areas.
• Undertaking a proactive role on the three unsecured portfolios and liaising with the relevant management and business stakeholders to broaden knowledge and understanding of risk.
• Proactively sharing knowledge and experience through coaching and development of other Risk Analysts in the team.
• Developing, influencing and maintaining strong relationships with key senior contacts across the Society.
• Liaising with Systems, Modelling, Product and Oversight teams, where appropriate.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life insurance a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members, which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.