- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £30,506 - £44,065
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001500490
- Closing Date: 19 July 2019
• A Business Designer to work within our Risk Squad, located in Swindon.
• Salary £30,506 - £44,065 a year (dependent on skills and experience), based on a permanent, 35 hour per week, contract.
• Please send in your application by 19th July 2019.
There’s never been a better time to join us…
Did you know we’re the world’s largest Building Society? One in five people in the UK are our members and last year more people opened a current account with the Society than with any other brand! We have one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry and continue to be voted the UK’s most trusted financial services brand.
We’re different. We’re a mutual, run for the benefit of our members. Their needs are at the heart of everything we do, which sets us apart from our competitors and really makes working here feel different!
Building on that success, we’re now on a hugely exciting and ambitious transformation journey to become a simpler, more agile and innovative organisation, whilst remaining relentlessly focused on delivering legendary products and services to our members and Building Society...
With our ‘Big Investment’, we’re focused on driving change that’s delivered ‘at pace’, is future-proofed and aligned with our strategic objectives.
And we’ll do this through our people, building our Society with new perspectives, diverse backgrounds, and richly varied experience. And that’s where you come in...
The Nationwide Risk Squad is made up of a broad and diverse combination of Money Laundering, Fraud and Credit Risk teams. Our mission is to keep our members and their money safe and secure using our skills to build society, Nationwide. That’s why we are investing significantly in optimising user experiences, our technical platforms and making Nationwide the best place to work and nurture talent.
Business Designers are central to achieving Nationwide Risk Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) with accountability for the business architecture, analysis and design for major change initiatives – We link the needs of our members with risk capabilities in safe and secure services that are relevant, simple, efficient and personal.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum you will:
• Have a passion for defining and delivering safe and secure services and user experiences
• Have the ability to understand organisations capabilities, processes and contribute to the development of Target Operating Models.
• Have strong analytical skills, capable of utilising a variety of tools and techniques suitable for the task.
• Have excellent verbal communication and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to challenge and influence where required.
• Have past experience working within a Business Design / Architecture / Analyst role delivering end to end change across the project life cycle.
• Have an ability to understand and translate these for a business audience.
It would be nice if you also had:
• A professional qualification in business design, such as ISEB/BCS modules or diploma and/or relevant degree.
• Experience of delivering change through a variety of approaches including agile and waterfall • Knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering, Fraud, Credit Risk and their application across Financial Services
• An understanding of legislation and governance controls for large Financial Services organisations
What you'll be doing
• Working within the Risk Squad to contribute to plans and estimates for team deliveries and Business Design outputs
• Deliver outputs including as-is analysis, operating models, customer journeys, prototypes, process diagrams, user stories / requirements, data and non-functional requirements.
• Supporting the management and resolution of design risks & issues and managing changes in user stories/requirements or designs, ensuring alignment to outcomes
• Deliver explicit, quantified and testable user stories / requirements maintaining solution traceability between business requirements and solution design
• Provide consultancy throughout the project lifecycle to ensure the design traces back to the need recorded in user stories / requirements and that stakeholders are kept informed of delivery scope
• Provide timely updates to your aligned areas e.g. Risk Squad team on initial and ongoing resource estimates, progress, slippage, risks, issues, and quality assessments such as peer reviews.
• Share lessons learnt and provide feedback as requested.
• Design new or continuously improve optimised processes taking into consideration the end to end customer experience.
• Providing post-implementation support to ensure that a business solution is fit-for-purpose and successfully embedded.
• Collaborate with colleagues inside and outside of your aligned area ensuring work is delivered on time, to the required quality and aligning to an outcome.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
As the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do, we aim to do the right thing for our members and build society in the right way, but we need talented people who share what we believe in.
So, help us build on our values and in return, we’ll invest in you, providing great career opportunities, development and work life balance!
All our people have commitments and interests outside of their working day. The diversity that brings is something our colleagues and our members really value. We recognise that traditional working patterns don’t work for everyone, so we’re delighted to welcome your application for this role on a full time hours’ basis or on a flexible working basis.
We guarantee that your application will be judged only on the skills and capabilities you can offer compared to the requirements of the role, and also that we’ll be open and transparent in our conversations with you about how your specific preferences can be accommodated against the demands of this position. Interested? We’d love to hear from you…