- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £25,421 - £36,720
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001500505
- Closing Date: 28 July 2019
We are looking for:
• A Risk Analyst, located in our Head Office in Swindon, or Admin office in Northampton (with regular travel to Swindon).
• £25,421 – £36,720 per year (dependent on skills and experience), plus benefits, based on a permanent. 35 hour per week, contract
• Send in your application by 28th July 2019.
Are you passionate about solving complex problems, identifying trends and explaining them? If so, and you have a strong numerical degree, this role is an excellent opportunity to start or progress your career by joining the Model Risk Oversight team.
The growing prominence of model risk management has led Nationwide to invest in the continuous improvement of our modelling capability, highlighting the value placed on advances in this area. As part of this investment, a fantastic opportunity has become available, as we are seeking a talented person to become a member of a vibrant team and focus on the independent validation of the models used to manage the Nationwide business.
As a risk professional, you will be responsible for oversight of the models to ensure that they meet the needs of the business. In return, we offer more than a just a job; it is the start to a career where we will proactively invest in your personal development and technical skills.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll have:
• An aptitude for numeracy and a clear rational train of thought; ideally you would have completed a degree with a quantitative element (e.g. Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance or a related subject);
• An ability to apply critical thinking and communicate your views on a range of issues to a diverse set of stakeholders;
• A desire to learn and develop your technical knowledge and soft skills (training is available on-the-job and through formal courses);
• The curiosity to remain current on business developments, industry trends, emerging risks, and changes to the financial and regulatory environment
• A high drive to collaborate with others and contribute to a successful team;
• Excellent written and verbal skills.
It would be nice if you also had some of the following:
• Experience in model development or model validation/review;
• Experience in using a statistical package (SAS or alternatively Stata, EViews, R) to manipulate and examine data;
• Appreciation of the main areas of risk modelling in banks, such as retail, commercial, treasury among others;
• Ability to influence both peers and more senior colleagues;
• Interest in and awareness of risk management within financial institutions.
• Familiarity with data science, analysis and its application in solving business problems.
What you'll be doing
You’ll be ensuring that the models we use to measure and manage our risks and performance are fit-for-purpose.
• Performing focused model reviews to ensure models are developed in accordance with internal policies, regulatory requirements and industry best standards;
• Producing on time high quality validation reports, committee papers and business monitoring summaries;
• Proactively advancing independent validation practices and the use of technology to enhance internal processes; and
• Developing effective relationships with and acting as an advisor to the front-line business teams in matters relating to model risk management.
As part of this, you will look to minimise the model risk inherent in managing large portfolios through sophisticated models. Offering excellent breadth of job diversity, you could work on a host of models, including capital, provision, retail decisioning, collections models and more
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.