Compliance Advice Manager
Compliance Advice Manager
- Location: Swindon, London, Countrywide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001500507
- Closing Date: 16 October 2019
Compliance Advice forms part of our second-line of defence and is a key area of Nationwide’s central compliance function, sitting alongside our Compliance and Risk Oversight colleagues.
We are at the forefront of complex regulatory change, providing real-time advice and subject matter expertise on all aspects of FCA and PRA regulation. This is vital to ensure that Nationwide achieves its strategic ambitions, remains compliant and does the right thing for our members - they’re everything to us.
- Compliance Advice Manager, in the Banking and Investments team, focusing on business banking based between Head Office Swindon and London
- £50,337-£56,489 a year on a permanent full-time contract, (flexible working would also be considered)
- Send in your application by 16/10/2019
Who will you be working with
We are a friendly, multi-disciplined team in Swindon, working together to make sure that regulations are implemented and followed and that we treat our members fairly.
This role will provide the opportunity to be part of a close-knit team. We are a team of 9 within Compliance Advice and you will work on business banking, providing regulatory advice, guidance and support to our Business Banking team.
So if you have a passion for doing the right thing in the right way for our members, then this role may be for you.
Who we're looking for
For this role you will need strong technical knowledge and understanding of business banking products, distribution channels and the current economic and regulatory environment.
As a minimum you’ll have or be:
- A background in financial services and knowledge of business banking
- Experience of advising business areas and stakeholders on compliance, conduct and regulatory issues
- Compliance knowledge in one or a number of areas including relevant Sourcebook ( BCOBS, CONC), product and industry knowledge, business banking, key FCA risk outlook areas or a willingness and capacity to quickly learn any regulatory requirements
- Awareness of external market developments from our regulators, government bodies and competitors
- Experience in engaging and challenging business areas, supporting the management of relationships with colleagues
- Flexibility to lead a portfolio of work and undertake new and varied compliance and conduct risk related analysis and reviews
- Agile in your approach to change and review solutions
Applications are also welcome if you have worked in a risk or advisory role and have the willingness to learn regulatory and compliance technical topics. If you feel you would be a good fit for this role and you can tell us about your transferable experience we encourage you to apply
What you'll be doing
You’ll work directly with your business areas to provide specialist regulatory advice and ensure conduct and compliance risk is identified, assessed, managed, reported and validated.
You will also:
- Look across the regulatory horizon to identify emerging risks and gain wider industry awareness
- Work with colleagues from across the business to support their strategic aims whilst ensuring that these aims are delivered in a way that puts our members at the heart of the decision-making process
- Advise business areas on how current and new regulation impacts the way we interact with our members, colleagues and competitors
- Manage a portfolio of work including stakeholder engagement, business change and new regulation implementation
- Have the opportunity to represent Compliance Advice on strategic change projects and at senior management team meetings
- Write thought pieces to showcase Compliance thinking on emerging trends and risks
We also strongly believe in nurturing our talent through continuous learning and development, both on an individual basis and through our own Risk Academy. So, you’ll also have access to internal experts, seminars and attend external sessions.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
- Company car cash allowance worth £4,656
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
Living our Values
There are endless reasons why you should be part of our growing community, but below are a few:
- The human element and sense of social purpose we have, and that no matter what role you do you are genuinely making a difference to our members and their lives
- The dress for the day approach we take, incorporating a relaxed and less corporate environment
- The dynamic and flexible working initiatives that are being driven across the business with the view that you can work how/when/where you want keeping in line with business needs and demands but also your own personal life and work/life balance
- The ethic of care for employees, our engagement and events, investment in success e.g. Arthur Webb cup events, PRIDE rewards, Annual awards etc
- PRIDE and how we all live by it, we care about our people and value each and every employee that works for us
- Being able to bring your true self to work in a safe environment – diversity and inclusion
- Our trustworthy reputation in the industry – safe as an employer, safe for our members
We have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.