Senior Risk Analyst
Senior Risk Analyst
- Location: Northampton Administration Centre, East Midlands
- Salary: £35,309 - £51,002
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001500518
- Closing Date: 26 August 2019
We are looking for:
- A Senior Risk Analyst in our Northampton office on a permanent contract
- The successful candidate will receive a flexible remuneration package, including the ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday and a generous pension contribution (if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%)
- Flexible working locations and arrangements will be considered, although regular travel to Northampton will be required
- Send in your application by 26th August 2019
The expanding role of risk and the importance of risk management has led to Nationwide Building Society investing in their modelling and analytical capability. As part of this investment, several exciting analytical roles (across a full range of experience levels) are now available in the Retail Financial Risk Modelling team.
Who will you be working with
We are a dynamic and friendly team that operates from Northampton working together to produce the best in class retail model developments in the Concurrent Stress Testing (“CST”) and provisioning (International Financial Reporting Standard 9 - “IFRS 9”) space.
This role will provide the successful candidate an opportunity to be part of this close-knit team. As a team of 12 within Retail Modelling and the Risk Community, you will work on a variety of different projects analysing complex problems to provide recommendations and solutions.
Nationwide are making significant investment in technology, so you will get the opportunity to work in innovative ways to deliver real business benefit.
If you have a passion for doing the right thing in the right way for our members, this role is for you.
Who we're looking for
Applications are welcome if you have worked in a modelling role (or similar) previously and have the willingness to: develop new modelling techniques, enhance your knowledge of financial services and continue to develop your coding skills. If you feel you would be a good fit for this role and you can tell us about your transferable experience, we encourage you to apply.
As a minimum requirement you’ll need:
- Experience in a modelling or an analytical role
- Experience in statistical / analytical tools such as SAS / SPSS / R or similar
- A strong degree in a highly numerate discipline (Mathematics, Statistics or related subject) or the equivalent role related experience
It would be an advantage if you had the following:
- Good written, verbal and influencing skills, and ability to deliver on shared goals by cooperating with other team members
- Passion for researching new ways to solve complex problems that deliver valuable insight and real business benefit.
- A genuine desire to be a part of a close-knit team and develop a career with a leading financial services player
- An aptitude for working with data, analysing, generating insight and sharing your conclusions in an open, honest and precise manner
What you'll be doing
Under the guidance of a Modelling Manager, you will be responsible for:
· Employing relevant statistical and analytical techniques to develop and maintain our CST and IFRS9 models.
· Employing best in class modelling practice.
· Sharing knowledge and expertise across the team.
· Communicating the performance of models to the wider business.
· Working with stakeholders from across the business.
· Contributing to the success and evolution of the team.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
· Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
· Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
· Life assurance worth 8x your salary
· 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
· The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
· Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
· Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
Living our Values
There are endless reasons why you should be part of our growing community, but below are a few:
· The human element and sense of social purpose we have, and that no matter what role you do you are genuinely making a difference to our members and their lives
· The dress for the day approach we take, incorporating a relaxed and less corporate environment
· The dynamic and flexible working initiatives that are being driven across the business with the view that you can work how/when/where you want subject to business needs and demands but also your own personal life and work/life balance
· The ethic of care for employees, our engagement and events, investment in success e.g. Arthur Webb cup events, PRIDE rewards, Annual awards etc
· PRIDE and how we all live by it, we care about our people and value each and every employee that works for us
· Being able to bring your true self to work in a safe environment – diversity and inclusion
· Our trustworthy reputation in the industry – safe as an employer, safe for our members
We have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.