- Location: Swindon, South West England
- Salary: £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001500542
- Closing Date: 19 September 2019
• Scrum Master, based in Swindon
• Salary £42,370- £61,201 (dependent on current salary banding, skills and experience) + competitive benefits package, on a permanent, full time contract
Who we're looking for
Our Scrum Masters are there for the team, they support the team to be the best they can be. They ensure the team are following Agile mindset, values, principles ensuring they prioritise “being Agile” over “Doing Agile”, to sustain an environment of safety and collaboration, that creates value for our members.
This role will hold all 4 of our strategic cornerstones close at heart, supporting our people to be the best they can so we can deliver our members a legendary service, be a National Treasure and support Nationwide to manage our risks and protect our members.
• You will have a strong knowledge of Agile approaches and frameworks, preferably but not exclusively with experience of agile deliveries within a financial services domain.
• You must have experience on the effective coaching of people to be awesome with practical experience of using the Agile Mindset, Values, Principles and Practices to be successful in this role.
• The role is not a Project Manager, Delivery Lead or Development Lead role, it is a true Scrum Master role. However, this means anyone who has an affinity for making people and teams great could be just the person we are looking for.
• We are looking for experienced and great Scrum Masters wherever they are from or whatever they have done in the past. Come join our Agile journey
What you'll be doing
Working within the Risk Squad, you will exhibit the Agile mindset and help the team embrace, adopt an Agile mindset and apply Agile approaches within their work. You will support the team reaching an alliance on what can be achieved, supporting the team in being self-sustainable, cross-functional to maximise the delivery of member value.
You will advise on evolving practice and when applicable suggest and implement possible improvements to enable the team to be more effective. However, more powerfully you will create a safe environment for Nationwide people to solve their own problems and be the best they can be.
You will want to continuously support the team in removing impediments and educate the team in the value of Agile events to deliver value in the most effective and efficient manner. You will protect the team from influences outside that can affect their focus, enabling a collaborative team that embodies the Agile Mindset to deliver value for our members.
You will foster a learning culture based on continuous improvement and a thirst for innovation. This is to ensure we deliver sustainable value as fast as possible for the continued benefit of our members.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities.
If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.