- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001500566
- Closing Date: 17 October 2019
Proactive, insightful and credible – are these words that describe you? Then this could be your perfect role. We are looking for a Risk Analyst to join the Framework team within Risk Strategy, a part of the Nationwide Risk Community.
- A Risk Analyst in our head offices in Swindon
- £25,421 - £36,720 a year on a full-time permanent contract
- Send in your application by 17/10/2019
The Risk Strategy team forms part of our second line of defence and is a key area in setting and enabling risk management capabilities across the organisation.
The Framework team is responsible for designing, documenting, communicating and implementing the organisations approach to risk management. We show how Risk Appetite and Policy are set right through to how the organisation understands and assesses its key risks and critical controls. This is vital to making sure that we make the right decisions to achieves our strategic ambitions, and that we do the right thing for our members - they’re everything to us.
Who will you be working with
We are a dynamic team of eight risk management professionals operating from our Swindon head office, working together through an agile/scrum delivery methodology.
This role will provide the successful candidate an opportunity to be part of this close-knit team working on a variety of risk management framework elements with stakeholders from across our business.
If you have a passion for doing the right thing in the right way for our members, this role may be for you.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll have or be:
- An excellent communicator with the ability to adapt communication styles and the confidence to engage across all levels
- Able to priorities your workload
- Able to approach complex problems, coming up with solutions that meet the needs of our members and the organisation
- Resilient to the ever-changing demands of the business and the economic environment
- Excel experience with the ability to assimilate information and data, and draw conclusions from these
- The ability to build and review documentation against policies
It would also be nice if you had:
- Experience of working in a regulated environment
- Knowledge of project management disciplines – especially agile/scrum environments
- Experience of using databases/software for reporting and MI purposes
If you feel you would be a good fit for this role and you can tell us about your transferable experience, we encourage you to apply.
What you'll be doing
It's an exciting time to be part of Risk Strategy, with the Risk Management at Nationwide nearing a crucial point being enabled by a new Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) Tooling platform being delivered. This is where you come in.
You’ll work with the team of risk professionals who work to improve our Risk Management Framework, and associated components, making sure it enables more effective and efficient risk management processes and informed decision making.
You’ll support the delivery of a series of high-profile component enhancements, contributing to the overall successful delivery of Nationwide’s risk management capability.
As a Risk Analyst you’ll support all aspects of Framework related work carried out in collaboration with the Society’s risk teams (1st, 2nd and 3rd line), across all risk categories to deliver high quality solutions (frameworks and processes) that enable risk management to be operated seamlessly throughout the Society.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
Living our Values
There are endless reasons why you should be part of our growing community, but below are a few:
- The human element and sense of social purpose we have, and that no matter what role you do you are genuinely making a difference to our members and their lives
- The dress for the day approach we take, incorporating a relaxed and less corporate environment
- The dynamic and flexible working initiatives that are being driven across the business with the view that you can work how/when/where you want keeping in line with business needs and demands but also your own personal life and work/life balance
- The ethic of care for employees, our engagement and events, investment in success e.g. Arthur Webb cup events, PRIDE rewards, Annual awards etc
- PRIDE and how we all live by it, we care about our people and value each and every employee that works for us
- Being able to bring your true self to work in a safe environment – diversity and inclusion
- Our trustworthy reputation in the industry – safe as an employer, safe for our members
We have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.