Senior Risk Manager
Senior Risk Manager
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £54,231 - £88,126
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001500569
- Closing Date: 16 October 2019
Our Operational Risk Oversight team sits within the Second Line of Defence, supporting the business and the Board in making risk-informed decisions. The team leads in the oversight of risk and controls for Cyber, IT Operations Delivery, Security, Resilience, Data Privacy, Supply chain and Business Continuity, ensuring that we meet both member and regulatory expectations for service delivery. The team operates across the full spectrum of digital services, providing the board with assurance that the Society is Safe, Secure and Sustainable.
This is an important job that provides the unique opportunity both to stress test the risk environment for capital modelling and to challenge control effectiveness.
- A Senior Risk Manager (Cyber, Resilience, Data and Third Parties), based in our head offices in Swindon
- Salary range from £54,231 - £88,125 (depending on skills and experience) plus car allowance of £4656, based on a permanent, full time, contract
- Please send in your application by 16th Oct 2019
The Society’s future Strategy supported by its new Technology strategy will allow us to leverage the benefits of mutuality and adapt to the ever-changing needs of our members. We continue to strive to be an organisation which makes a difference to our members’ and colleagues’ lives, driven by a desire to do the right thing, in the right way.
So if you have a passion for doing the right thing in the right way for our members, and want to further your career in Risk then this may be the role for you.
Who we're looking for
We're interested in professionals who have either a proven track record in IT/Cyber related operational risk, or Cyber Security and Resilience, Data or Vendor Management, who are looking to broaden their careers into Risk.
As a minimum requirement you'll need to have :
- Experience of Operational Risk within a large FTSE 100 organisation or equivalent public sector area.
- Strong leadership, influencing and communication skills (written and oral) with the confidence to engage senior leadership and to maintain effective working relationships.
- Personal drive and initiative combined with the ability to work effectively within a team, building collaboration and delivering results.
- A commitment to building their own career and to develop themselves as a leader and risk professional, but equally to mentor and coach others within the Society.
- Experience in leading or providing risk oversight of: IT, Cyber and Resilience Operations, or Security, Enterprise Architecture, or in delivering major IT/Cyber Programmes and Projects, Data Privacy or Vendor risk management
- Experience in incident response, incident management and incident recovery; with a willingness to support such activity from a risk perspective.
What you'll be doing
You will work closely with the First lines (Business Areas) and Third lines (Audit) of Defence, with exposure to Heads of Function and Directors.
Specific responsibilities will include:
Providing Risk Oversight on the effective management of:
- Cyber Security
- Resilience (Response, Recovery and Business Continuity)
- IT (from design to operation and through change)
- IT, Cyber and Resilience Programmes and Projects
- Security and Business Protection
- Data Privacy
- Supply chain
- Coordinating and managing the delivery of associated risk and control assessments; providing evidence-based opinion and challenge where necessary.
- Maintaining an understanding of the Society’s Enterprise Risk Strategy encapsulated in the Operational Risk Management Framework (OCRMF) to help assure both operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Challenging First Line management information, papers and activity, face-to-face and in writing for submission to executive committees and boards
- Stressing the risk environment, conducting and leading in-depth risk reviews, and helping First Line to develop and deliver actions to close issues and minimise risk.
- Raising awareness of the Society’s operational risk exposure and leading on the development of Board Risk Appetite for Service Availability, Service Recovery and Business Continuity.
- Supporting the scenario analysis used for Capital Modelling.
- Working closely with IT Operations, Delivery and Security, across all associated disciplines.
- Maintaining a strong internal and external network and keeping up-to-date with the latest digital technology and approaches to operational risk management.
- Maintaining a knowledge of risk trends across the sector that could be used to inform Oversight activity.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it's only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we'll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salar
- 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to a Healthcare scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
- Company car allowance worth £4,656
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
Living our Values
There are endless reasons why you should be part of our growing community, but below are a few:
• The human element and sense of social purpose we have, and that no matter what role you do you are genuinely making a difference to our members and their lives
• The dress for the day approach we take, incorporating a relaxed and less corporate environment
• The ethic of care for employees, our engagement and events, investment in success e.g. Arthur Webb cup events, PRIDE rewards, Annual awards etc
• PRIDE and how we all live by it, we care about our people and value each and every employee that works for us
• Being able to bring your true self to work in a safe environment
• Our trustworthy reputation in the industry – safe as an employer, safe for our members
We have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.