Risk Manager Lead - Cyber Security
Risk Manager Lead - Cyber Security
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001500570
- Closing Date: 26 January 2020
GROW AS AN EXPERT IN IT SECURITY AND CYBER OPERATIONAL RISK
About the role
As Risk Manager Lead, you’ll be shaping our Operational Risk Oversight team and providing IT security and cyber operational risk expertise to senior leaders in our Operational Risk Organisation and the wider Nationwide business.
We put our 15 million members at the heart of everything we do. Not least, when it comes to protecting the savings, investment and data they have entrusted to us. If you can help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help you to build on your passion for operational risk and develop a rewarding career.
Who we're looking for
You’ll be someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and relishes a new challenge. Specifically, you’ll be able to bring us:
• Knowledge and well-developed understanding of cyber security practice – ideally with IT/cyber experience gained in financial services, plus CISM, CISSP, ISO 27001 or other relevant qualifications
• A degree-level education and/or extensive business experience
• The credibility to build relationships within the business and command the respect of senior leaders
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrable analytical expertise
• The ability to understand and assimilate complex information quickly
What you'll be doing
Building and maintaining strong relationships, you’ll make sure that an understanding of business priorities and risks is embedded in key projects and provide practical recommendations for senior managers. The role is as broad as it is challenging, covering everything from delivering risk reviews and setting the Board Risk Appetite to contributing to scenario planning and operational risk oversight of incident management and disaster recovery.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. As part of our team, you can look forward to:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7%, we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance-related bonus scheme
• Car allowance of £4,656
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. Something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society. Nationwide.
What to do next
Just click the ‘Apply now’ button below.
You may also be interested in these related vacancies
Senior Manager Risk, Control & Governance
£54,231 - £88,126
Architect - Network Infrastructure Security