Risk Manager Lead - Cyber Security
Risk Manager Lead - Cyber Security
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001500570
- Closing Date: 17 October 2019
Here at Nationwide we put our members at the heart of everything we do and every role, no matter what it’s doing, has a part to play in this.
We now have an opportunity to join our Operational Risk Oversight (ORO) team and provide Cyber & Security Risk expertise to our Operational Risk Organisation. So if you have a passion for doing the right thing in the right way for our members, and want to further your career in Risk then this may be the role for you.
• A Risk Manager Lead based at our Head Offices in Swindon
• £50,840 - £73,436 a year on a permanent full time contract
• Send in your application by 17th October 2019
Who we're looking for
We are interested in people who enjoy working in a fast-paced team, have a real interest in Operational Risk and are not afraid of taking on a challenge.
As a minimum requirement you will have or be:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrable analytical skills
• An ability to develop strong working relationships within the business and command respect from senior leaders
• Knowledge and a well-developed understanding of Cyber Security practice
• Educated to degree level (preferably in a numerate subject) or have relevant business experience
• The ability to understand and assimilate complex information quickly
It would be nice if you also had:
• Extensive experience in IT and Cyber
• Experience in Financial Services
• CISM, CISSP, ISO 27001 or other IT Security/Cyber qualifications
What you'll be doing
This role is varied and covers a variety of activities, these include:
• Shaping the development of the department so we can deliver key projects and maintain awareness of wider objectives
• Maintaining key relationships and thorough understanding of key business priorities and risks, making sure that our view is prominent and accounted for
• Managing a risk specialist so they can deliver their services and support ORO’s objectives
• Delivering Risk Reviews and advisory papers in line with our operational risk plan
• Helping agree and setting Board Risk Appetite, making sure that through close monitoring we can support targeted risk management advice
• Contributing to the exercising, Scenario planning and operational risk oversight of Incident management and Disaster recovery
• Understanding the impact and implications for Risk driven initiatives and translating this into practical recommendations for senior management
However you undertake your work, the purpose will always be the same – your role will be to use your knowledge and expertise to advise colleagues and the organisation on IT security and Cyber Operational Risk.
In addition to all of the on the job training, we will also help you with your career and develop all the skills to develop your career with us here at Nationwide.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
• Company car or allowance worth £4,656
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
Living our Values
There are endless reasons why you should be part of our growing community, but below are a few:
• The human element and sense of social purpose we have, and that no matter what role you do you are genuinely making a difference to our members and their lives
• The dress for the day approach we take, incorporating a relaxed and less corporate environment
• The dynamic and flexible working initiatives that are being driven across the business with the view that you can work how/when/where you want keeping in line with business needs and demands but also your own personal life and work/life balance
• The ethic of care for employees, our engagement and events, investment in success e.g. Arthur Webb cup events, PRIDE rewards, Annual awards etc
• PRIDE and how we all live by it, we care about our people and value each and every employee that works for us
• Being able to bring your true self to work in a safe environment
• Our trustworthy reputation in the industry – safe as an employer, safe for our members
We have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.