- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001500571
- Closing Date: 17 October 2019
The Society’s new Technology strategy will allow us to leverage the benefits of mutuality and adapt to the ever-changing needs of our members. We strive to be an organisation which makes a difference to our members’ and colleagues’ lives, driven by a desire to do the right thing, in the right way.
Our mutuality and brand purpose ‘Building Society Nationwide’ defines and differentiates us. Our reputation as a good employer reflects the very special culture and ethos of Nationwide, which is encapsulated in our values.
As a modern mutual, we are always striving to better ourselves to deliver an excellent service for all our members; services relevant to the digital age but with the continuing personal touch.
- Lead Reviewer Oversight
- Salary range from £42,370 - £61,201, depending on current salary package
- Full time, permanent contract
- Send in your application by 17th October 2019
In this role, you will help us not only to preserve the value of the Society but also to create new value. You will be working in Operational Risk Oversight within the Second Line of Defence, supporting the business and the board in making risk-informed decisions.
This role provides oversight of IT & Resilience as critical enablers of the current and future Society Nationwide. Close working alongside other team members overseeing Architecture & Change, Payments, Data & Analytics, Supply Chain risk, Finance & Efficiency and People & Culture will enable a degree of cross skilling and skills uplift as the “one team” ethos is central to all we do.
Who we're looking for
Ideally you’ll have experience of:
- IT-based Operational Risk Management
- IT Service Transition, IT Service Operations, and Continuous IT Service Improvements
- IT Resilience Risk and Business/Service Continuity
- IT Incident Response, Incident Management and Incident Recovery
As a minimum the successful applicant will need to demonstrate the following:
- Strong influencing and communication skills (written and oral), with the confidence to engage senior leadership and to maintain effective working relationships.
- Personal drive and initiative combined with the ability to work effectively within a team, building collaboration and delivering results.
- A commitment to building their own career and to develop themselves as a leader and risk professional, but equally to mentor and coach others within the Society.
It would be nice if you also had:
- A background in retail banking or financial services.
- A relevant industry recognised qualification
However, applications would be welcome from candidates who have worked in a risk or advisory role with the willingness to learn regulatory and compliance technical topics. Nationwide strongly believes in continuous learning, both on an individual basis and through its own Risk Academy, using internal experts, seminars as well as the opportunity to attend external sessions.
What you'll be doing
You will work closely with the First (Business Areas) and Third (Audit) Lines of Defence, with exposure to Senior Leadership. Specific responsibilities will include providing Risk Oversight on the effective management of:
- Co-ordinating and managing the delivery of associated risk and control assessments; using the Society’s Operational And Conduct Risk Management Framework (OCRMF) providing evidence-based opinion and challenge where necessary.
- Challenging First Line management information, papers and activity, face-to-face and in writing for submission to executive committees and boards.
- Conducting and leading in-depth risk reviews, and helping First Line to develop and deliver actions to close issues and minimise risk.
- Raising awareness of the Society’s operational risk exposure.
- Maintaining a strong internal and external network and keeping up-to-date with the latest industry developments and approaches to operational risk management.
- Maintaining knowledge of risk trends across the sector that could be used to inform Oversight activity.
Being able to demonstrate a range of experience from the above could help support your application.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
Living our Values
There are endless reasons why you should be part of our growing community, but below are a few:
• The human element and sense of social purpose we have, and that no matter what role you do you are genuinely making a difference to our members and their lives
• The dress for the day approach we take, incorporating a relaxed and less corporate environment
• The dynamic and flexible working initiatives that are being driven across the business with the view that you can work how/when/where you want keeping in line with business needs and demands but also your own personal life and work/life balance
• The ethic of care for employees, our engagement and events, investment in success e.g. Arthur Webb cup events, PRIDE rewards, Annual awards etc
• PRIDE and how we all live by it, we care about our people and value each and every employee that works for us
• Being able to bring your true self to work in a safe environment
• Our trustworthy reputation in the industry – safe as an employer, safe for our members
We have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.