- Location: Northampton, Swindon, UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001500575
- Closing Date: 18 October 2019
Here at Nationwide we put our members at the heart of everything we do and every role, no matter what it’s doing, has a part to play in this. Our Credit Risk Measurement team use their analytical skills and experience to help support our directors with the decisions they need to make, after all, the decisions we make in terms of who we lend to can affect our growth and our members.
We now have an opportunity to join our team here to help us drive and develop our credit risk forecasting. The team are close knit, friendly, dynamic and this role provides an opportunity to join a team that keep the society safe and secure for our members.
So, if you have a passion for doing the right thing in the right way for our members and want to further your career in Risk then this may be the role for you.
- A Risk Analyst in our Swindon or Northampton offices
- £25,421 - £36,7205 a year on a full-time permanent contract (flexible working will be considered)
- Send in your application by 18/10/2019
Who we're looking for
We are interested in people who enjoy working in a fast-paced team, have a real interest in Risk and are not afraid of taking on a challenge. As a minimum requirement you’ll need to have:
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of analytical or statistical ability
- A good level of Excel skills
- Excellent time management skills and good communication skills
- Be comfortable working on your own individual projects, and as part of a larger team
- A passion for solving complex problems that deliver real business benefit
It would be nice if you also had:
- Experience of using analytical tools such as SAS / SPSS / SQL.
- Risk management experience, including areas of forecasting and credit risk assessment
- Strong quantitative degree (ideally from Mathematics/Statistics/Operational Research/Economics/Financial or related subject)
- Great influencing skills as you’ll need to win over senior managers
Applications are welcome if you have worked in an analytical or statistical role and have the willingness to learn about Risk Management. If you feel you would be a good fit for this role and you can tell us about your transferable experience, we encourage you to apply.
What you'll be doing
Under the guidance of a Risk Manager you’ll work as part of a team of analysts to report and forecast the risk performance of all our products including mortgages and personal loans. You will help to forecast our levels of risk over various economic scenarios, working with a number of different teams throughout the business, and be involved in communicating the results to wider stakeholders.
In addition to all of the on the job training, we will also help you with your career and develop all the skills to be a Senior Risk Manager, some have made the progression at Nationwide in a relatively short space of time.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7%, we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
Living our Values
There are endless reasons why you should be part of our growing community, but below are a few:
- The human element and sense of social purpose we have, and that no matter what role you do you are genuinely making a difference to our members and their lives
- The dress for the day approach we take, incorporating a relaxed and less corporate environment
- The dynamic and flexible working initiatives that are being driven across the business with the view that you can work how/when/where you want keeping in line with business needs and demands but also your own personal life and work/life balance
- The ethic of care for employees, our engagement and events, investment in success e.g. Arthur Webb cup events, PRIDE rewards, Annual awards etc
- PRIDE and how we all live by it, we care about our people and value each and every employee that works for us
- Being able to bring your true self to work in a safe environment
- Our trustworthy reputation in the industry – safe as an employer, safe for our members
We have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.