- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001500576
- Closing Date: 18 October 2019
Our financial crime department are responsible for protecting Nationwide and its members from all types of fraud.
We now have an opportunity to join a department with an outstanding reputation, captivating subject matter and industry leading results. Being a Fraud Analyst you will work with advanced detection systems, react to ever changing methods of financial crime, and strive to deliver an exceptional member experience.
This role provides the opportunity to be involved in making a real difference to not only Nationwide but to our members lives and is integral to our purpose, putting our members at the heart of everything we do. So if you have a passion for doing the right thing in the right way for our members, and want to start your career in Risk then this may be the role for you.
- Evening Fraud Analyst in Head Office, Swindon
- £19,647 - £28,379 (pro rata) on a part time, permanent contract working 17.5 hours per week
- Salary dependant on current package and internal policy
- Send in your application by 18/10/2019
Who we're looking for
No two days are the same so we’re looking for someone who is a key team player, who is also able to work in a varied and fast paced environment. PRIDE values are key to this role, so if doing the right thing and putting members and their money first is important to your work ethos, then this could be the role for you.
For this role you’ll need:
- Experience in a fast-paced, resilient customer facing environment
- A high level of accuracy with an excellent attention to detail, alongside strong analytical, investigation and numerical skills
- Excellent communication skills - able to communicate with a diverse range of people
- The ability to work alone, as well as part of a team
- To demonstrate the ability to manage your time effectively and prioritise tasks - a key part of this role
It would be nice if you also had:
- Experience of working in the financial services sector
- Previous experience or a thorough understanding of financial crime and fraud types
Applications are welcome if you have worked in a highly resilient customer service or investigation role and have the willingness to learn Fraud. If you feel you would be a good fit for this role and you can tell us about your transferable experience, we encourage you to apply.
What you'll be doing
This is an exciting opportunity to join Fraud and be part of a team detecting a variety of fraud types.
- Investigating complex fraud cases and educating customers through both written and verbal channels
- Supporting and building relationships with other Financial Crime Operational teams,
achieving Quality Targets
- Working as a key team player to achieve Service Level Agreements, set internally or within the business
This role is specifically for the evening and weekend team in financial crime. You will be required to work a rotating shift pattern consisting of the following:
- Week 1 - Weds 18.00 - 22.00. Thurs & Fri 17.00 - 22.00
- Week 2 - Mon & Tue 17.00 - 22.00, Sat 12.30 - 18.00 and Sun 12.00 - 17.00
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
Living our Values
There are endless reasons why you should be part of our growing community, but below are a few:
- The human element and sense of social purpose we have, and that no matter what role you do you are genuinely making a difference to our members and their lives
- The dress for the day approach we take, incorporating a relaxed and less corporate environment
- The ethic of care for employees, our engagement and events, investment in success e.g. Arthur Webb cup events, PRIDE rewards, Annual awards etc
- PRIDE and how we all live by it, we care about our people and value each and every employee that works for us
- Being able to bring your true self to work in a safe environment
- Our trustworthy reputation in the industry – safe as an employer, safe for our members
We have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.