Senior Property Risk Officer
Senior Property Risk Officer
- Location: Bournemouth Administration Centre, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001500615
- Closing Date: 16 December 2019
- A Senior Property Risk Officer in our offices in Bournemouth
- From £23,574 to £34,051 a year on a permanent contract.
- Salary dependant on current package and experience
- Send in your application by 16/12/2019
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Property Risk as a Senior Property Risk Officer to support the introduction and sustain the processes for a new Later Life Lending product. We are a proactive department and concentrate on risk forecasting and mitigation in addition to providing operational and specialist support to new ventures and products for the Society.
Who we're looking for
For this role, as a minimum you’ll need to:
- Have a proven understanding of the mortgage application “end to end” process
- Have a good understanding of the property market
- Be enthusiastic, pro-active and adaptable with the ability to cope under pressure whilst maintaining accuracy and service standards.
- Be a highly motivated and industrious individual capable of working on a combination of different tasks and delivering to a high standard
- Have a high level of attention to detail with strong analytical skills
- Build and maintain working relationships both internally and externally
- Have the ability to work well as part of a team as well as individually
- Have excellent written and verbal communications with an ability to accurately present information over various platforms (i.e. skilled in use of Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
It would be desirable if you had;
- Experience with working in line with Property Policy guidelines
- Knowledge and understanding of audit and compliance frameworks
What you'll be doing
You’ll be working with an already established Auditing team, specifically providin audit and processing
support for a new mortgage product that Nationwide is releasing. With new products come risk, and the
role will be crucial in assessing properties against the requirements in addition to having responsibility
for raising any potential risks in both practical and theoretical terms. You’ll be assisting with making
lending decisions and recommendations based upon both own investigations and information provided
through our Valuer network.
You’ll also be:
- Demonstrating a high level of product and process knowledge, as appropriate to the Operational Area
- Committing to a continuous improvement culture through participation in team meetings, interaction with the team and its line management and generation of ideas for improving processes.
- Utilising specialist knowledge to assist with valuation related queries from all levels within Property Risk
- Working with both internal colleagues and external Service Providers in various capacities
- Assisting with the production of regular MI reporting
The extras you'll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
We’ve let you know about the flexibility available for this role at the start of the advert. This means you can quickly decide if it suits how you’d like to work.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
Living our Values
There are endless reasons why you should be part of our growing community, but below are a few:
- The human element and sense of social purpose we have, and that no matter what role you do you are genuinely making a difference to our members and their lives
- The dress for the day approach we take, incorporating a relaxed and less corporate environment
- The dynamic and flexible working initiatives that are being driven across the business with the view that you can work how/when/where you want keeping in line with business needs and demands but also your own personal life and work/life balance
- The ethic of care for employees, our engagement and events, investment in success e.g. Arthur Webb cup events, PRIDE rewards, Annual awards etc
- PRIDE and how we all live by it, we care about our people and value each and every employee that works for us
- Being able to bring your true self to work in a safe environment
- Our trustworthy reputation in the industry – safe as an employer, safe for our members
We have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.