Compliance Advice Manager
Compliance Advice Manager
- Location: Swindon, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001500632
- Closing Date: 27 January 2020
Compliance Advice forms part of the second-line of defence and is a key area of Nationwide’s central Compliance & Prudential Risk function. We are at the forefront of complex regulatory change and interpretation, providing real-time advice and subject matter expertise on all aspects of FCA and PRA regulation to ensure that Nationwide achieves its strategic ambitions, remains compliant and does the right thing for our members.
- A Compliance Advice Manager based in our head office in Swindon
- £50,840 - £73,436 a year plus benefits on a Permanent full-time contract
- Salary dependant on current package and internal policy
- Send in your application by 27th January 2020
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement, you’ll have:
- Experience of interpreting conduct regulation including a robust and practical working knowledge of the FCA Systems and Controls, Fitness and Propriety, Code of Conduct and related requirements
- Specific experience in providing second line Compliance advice and challenge on the practical implementation of regulatory expectations in the following areas:
- Senior Manager and Certification Regime including Conduct Rules
- Frameworks that support sound management of conduct risk and delivery good customer outcomes at a strategic and operational level
- An awareness of external developments from our regulators, government bodies and competitors
- Proven experience of advising on compliance and conduct issues within a local and senior strategic level
- Proven understanding of conduct and compliance risk management methodologies, with experience of policy/framework drafting and outcomes testing
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- An agile approach to change and he ability to proactively propose solutions to deliver a competitive edge
- Personal drive and self-initiative giving you the ability to develop new knowledge quickly
- An industry recognised compliance qualification
It would also be nice if you had:
- Experience in Financial Services
However, applications would be welcome from candidates who have worked in a risk or advisory role with the willingness to learn regulatory and compliance technical topics. Nationwide strongly believes in continuous learning, both on an individual basis and through its own Risk Academy, using internal experts, seminars as well as the opportunity to attend external sessions.
What you'll be doing
Working alongside others in the team, including a Head of Compliance Advice, you will provide subject matter expertise to the business on strategic and regulatory change.
- Build a stakeholder network and work with colleagues from across the business to support the delivery of their strategic aims
- Advise business areas on how current and new regulation impacts the way we interact with our members, markets and competitors
- Represent Compliance from time to time at key first line Committee’s providing advice and challenge to help inform decision making
- Be responsible for a portfolio of work including stakeholder engagement, business change and new regulation implementation
- Provide input to the Compliance Plan and operational policies and procedures
- Support the effort to ‘join dots’ and deliver Compliance insights through relevant management information.
The extras you'll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
We’ve let you know about the flexibility available for this role at the start of the advert. This means you can quickly decide if it suits how you’d like to work.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
- Status car cash allowance - £4,656 per annum
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
Living our Values
There are endless reasons why you should be part of our growing community, but below are a few:
- The human element and sense of social purpose we have, and that no matter what role you do you are genuinely making a difference to our members and their lives
- The dress for the day approach we take, incorporating a relaxed and less corporate environment
- The dynamic and flexible working initiatives that are being driven across the business with the view that you can work how/when/where you want keeping in line with business needs and demands but also your own personal life and work/life balance
- The ethic of care for employees, our engagement and events, investment in success e.g. Arthur Webb cup events, PRIDE rewards, Annual awards etc
- PRIDE and how we all live by it, we care about our people and value each and every employee that works for us
- Being able to bring your true self to work in a safe environment
- Our trustworthy reputation in the industry – safe as an employer, safe for our members
We have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
You may also be interested in these related vacancies
Risk Manager Lead - Cyber Security
Senior Manager Risk, Control & Governance
£54,231 - £88,126
Infrastructure Engineering Manager