Senior Risk Analyst
Senior Risk Analyst
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £35,309 - £51,002
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001500643
- Closing Date: 02 March 2020
A fantastic opportunity has become available as a Risk Analyst in our established Retail Decision Modelling team, a team which has been short-listed for the 2019 Credit Strategy Awards for “Best Use of Technology” and “Credit Modelling & Risk Team of the Year”! The role involves owning and leading key projects, responsible for delivering decision tools that enable the business to make better decisions for our members.
As a Senior Analyst, with the support of a Risk Manager Lead, you will be responsible for leading projects relating to the ongoing development, maintenance and monitoring of Credit Risk decision models across multiple cycles (Application, Behavioural and Collections), and Affordability solutions across all our Retail lending portfolios. The role will require a strong understanding of retail modelling, portfolio behaviour and the application of models into key business decisions. Hands-on model development experience will be essential, as the role will involve developing and executing solutions to complex business problems. Capability to translate complex issues into a more palatable form for a less technical audience will also be critical to ensure productive relationships with key stakeholders. Furthermore, a strong understanding of the model development process will be required to ensure accurate project plans and delivery of projects to time. As well as traditional model development techniques, including regression modelling, use of cutting-edge Machine Learning techniques will also feature within model development and maintenance.
People leadership experience is desirable for you to coach and support the wider team to deliver high quality models.
Who we're looking for
You’ll need to:
• Have significant experience in Retail Modelling, preferably scorecard development
• Have strong knowledge of Retail lending products, ideally Unsecured and Secured products
• Have a strong quantitative degree ideally from a Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Financial or related subject
• Be a highly motivated and industrious individual capable of working on a combination of different activities at once
• Have strong communication and influencing skills, able to quickly build and maintain good working relationship with a range of diverse stakeholders
• Be able to interpret and communicate model MI to less technical audiences
What you'll be doing
Your responsibilities will include:
• Developing, documenting and delivering scorecards and models across both Secured and Unsecured products, employing relevant statistical techniques.
• Effectively plan and prioritise activities, engaging key retail risk stakeholders.
• Working with stakeholders across the business to safely implement new models.
• Providing expert opinion on the use of these models.
• Coaching and mentoring less experienced modellers, ensuring best in class modelling.
• Pro-actively engaging and communicating with the wider business on model developments and how they will impact business decisions.
• Communicating model performance to risk committees and senior management.
• Deliver high quality models that adhere to current modelling standards and model validation governance.
The role will involve engagement with the Systems, Product Risk, Collections, Retail IRB Modelling & Model Validation teams to ensure that that requirements are understood, met and implementable. You will also be responsible for presenting your projects and various scorecard MI to modelling fora and committees.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
Living our Values
There are endless reasons why you should be part of our growing community, but below are a few:
• The human element and sense of social purpose we have, and that no matter what role you do you are genuinely making a difference to our members and their lives
• The dress for the day approach we take, incorporating a relaxed and less corporate environment
• The dynamic and flexible working initiatives that are being driven across the business with the view that you can work how/when/where you want keeping in line with business needs and demands but also your own personal life and work/life balance
• The ethic of care for employees, our engagement and events, investment in success e.g. Arthur Webb cup events, PRIDE rewards, Annual awards etc
• PRIDE and how we all live by it, we care about our people and value each and every employee that works for us
• Being able to bring your true self to work in a safe environment
• Our trustworthy reputation in the industry – safe as an employer, safe for our members
We have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
You may also be interested in these related vacancies