Senior Risk Analyst
Senior Risk Analyst
- Location: Swindon Head Office
- Salary: £35,309 - £51,002
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001500658
- Closing Date: 30 November 2020
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Senior Risk Analyst in our thriving Retail Modelling team – winners of the “Credit Modelling & Risk Team of the Year” at the 2020 Credit Strategy Awards, “Best Use of Technology” at the 2019 Credit Strategy Awards, and in the top 3 for “Data Science Technology Innovation of the Year” at the prestigious 2019 European Data Science Awards.
As a Senior Analyst, with the support of a Risk Manager, you will be responsible for leading projects relating to the ongoing development, maintenance and monitoring of Risk decision models/advanced analytical tools across multiple cycles (Application, Behavioural and Collections/Recoveries), Financial Crime and Affordability solutions across all our Retail lending portfolios. Hands-on advanced analytic/data science experience will be essential, as the role will involve developing and executing innovative solutions to complex business problems. Capability to translate complex issues into a more palatable form for a less technical audience will also be critical to ensure productive relationships with key stakeholders. Furthermore, a strong understanding of a model development process will be required to ensure accurate project plans and delivery of projects to time. As well as traditional model development techniques, including regression modelling, use of cutting-edge Machine Learning techniques will also feature within model development and maintenance.
People leadership experience is desirable for you to coach, train and support the wider team to deliver high quality models, and also to lead the training agenda on advanced analytics. The role involves owning and leading key projects that are responsible for delivering advanced analytical decision tools that will enable the business to make better decisions for our members.
What you’ll be doing
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing, documenting and delivering advanced analytic tools and models across both Secured and Unsecured products, employing relevant statistical techniques
- Delivering high quality advanced analytics tools/models that adhere to current modelling standards and validation governance.
- Providing expert opinion on the use of these tools/models
- Training, coaching and mentoring less experienced team members in the application and best practise of data science
- Effectively planning and prioritising activities, engaging key risk stakeholders.
- Working with stakeholders across the business to safely implement new models.
- Pro-actively engaging and communicating with the wider business on model developments and how they will impact business decisions.
- Communicating model performance to risk committees and senior management.
The role will involve engagement with the Systems, Product Risk, Financial Crime, Collections, Recoveries, Retail IRB Modelling & Model Validation teams to ensure that that requirements are understood, met and implementable. You will also be responsible for presenting your projects and insights to the relevant modelling fora and business committees.
As a minimum requirement you’ll need to:
- Have experience in delivering data science/advanced analytics tools using coding in SAS/Python/R or similar,
- Have a PhD, MSc or strong quantitative degree ideally from a Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or related subject
- Be a highly motivated, creative and industrious individual capable of working on a combination of different activities at once
- Have an understanding of Retail lending products, ideally Unsecured and Secured products
- Have a track record of providing innovative and creative advanced analytical/modelling to address complex business problems
- Have strong communication and influencing skills, able to quickly build and maintain good working relationship with a range of diverse stakeholders
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
We’ve let you know about the flexibility available for this role at the start of the advert. This means you can quickly decide if it suits how you’d like to work.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
• A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
• Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus
• Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
• 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
Living our Values
There are endless reasons why you should be part of our growing community, but below are a few:
• The human element and sense of social purpose we have, and that no matter what role you do you are genuinely making a difference to our members and their lives
• The dress for the day approach we take, incorporating a relaxed and less corporate environment
• The dynamic and flexible working initiatives that are being driven across the business with the view that you can work how/when/where you want keeping in line with business needs and demands but also your own personal life and work/life balance
• The ethic of care for employees, our engagement and events, investment in success e.g. Arthur Webb cup events, PRIDE rewards, Annual awards etc
• PRIDE and how we all live by it, we care about our people and value each and every employee that works for us
• Being able to bring your true self to work in a safe environment
• Our trustworthy reputation in the industry – safe as an employer, safe for our members
We have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.