- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001700369
- Closing Date: 22 July 2019
· A Business Designer in our head offices in Swindon
· Working in our Central Communities Squad/Hub/Centre of Excellence/Change Team.
· Salary- £42,370- £61,201 (dependent on current skills and experience) a year on a permanent, 35 hours a week contract.
· Send in your application by 22nd July 2019
There’s never been a better time to join us…
Did you know we’re the world’s largest Building Society? One in five people in the UK are our members and last year more people opened a current account with the Society than with any other brand! We have one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry and continue to be voted the UK’s most trusted financial services brand.
We’re different. We’re a mutual, run for the benefit of our members. Their needs are at the heart of everything we do, which sets us apart from our competitors and really makes working here feel different!
Building on that success, we’re now on a hugely exciting and ambitious transformation journey to become a simpler, more agile and innovative organisation, whilst remaining relentlessly focused on delivering legendary products and services to our members and Building Society...
With our ‘Big Investment’, we’re focused on driving change that’s delivered ‘at pace’, is future-proofed and aligned with our strategic objectives.
And we’ll do this through our people, building our Society with new perspectives, diverse backgrounds, and richly varied experience. And that’s where you come in...
Working closely with other Business Designers (BD) this role is responsible for designing and delivering the business solution for various change initiatives, to achieve value and velocity. Shaping the prioritisation and sequencing of activity to support the definition of the Change team roadmap, taking the Objective and Key Results (OKRs) and translating these into target states and roadmaps at change initiative level for delivery; along with designing the business solution for the Change team through a sound anlysis and solution approach balancing the requirements of the Change team, cost constraints and timescales.
Who we're looking for
Miminimum qualifications, experience and knowledge:
· Considerable experience of working within a business analysis or solution design role, on complex, cross-functional change initatives, preferably within financial services.
· Excellent insight, analytical and problem-solving skills in defining business requirements, determining solution propositions and making recommendations for resolution.
· Experience of defining validation and verification strategies to support the continuous assessment of achieving the business requirements.
· An understanding of and ability to accommodate and blend the differing needs of multi-disciplined teams, consisting of internal and external resources e.g. Third-party suppliers, remote staff and contractors.
· Strong understanding of business processes and how technology supports the business and / or proven working knowledge of technical applications and the software development lifecycle.
· Proven ability to understand and translate business needs and content into solutions, operating priorities and impacts in line with the organisation strategic outcomes.
· Familiarity with various project management methodologies, structures and working practices.
· Deep knowledge and understanding in many analysis and solution techniques, tools and methods.
· Strong interpersonal skills to be able to influence stakeholders, drive and task manage an analyst team and communicate progress at various levels.
· Proven experience of leading a team across small or large-scale change initiatives.
· A conceptual thinker with the ability to translate strategic outcomes into Change Team OKRs.
It would be nice if you also had:
· A professional qualification in business design, such as ISEB/BCS modules or diploma and/or relevant degree.
· Experience of at least one full-lifecycle HCM (HR and Payroll) ERP implementation
· Functional HR and Payroll knowledge
What you'll be doing
· In collaboration with the BD, developing the roadmap, creating target states and any interim states required to meet Change team outcomes and OKRs, ensuring continued alignment to the Society Strategy.
· Accountable for the scoping and planning of change initiatives for the Change team along with defining the approach and artefacts required.
· Translates business content into deliverables, identifying benefits of change and evaluating trade-offs to achieve Change team outcomes.
· Conduct detailed As-Is and To-Be analysis to elicit change requirements, including non-functional requirements.
· Explore and provide business solution options to the BD and Chief Product Owner (CPO), using innovation where appropriate and conducting feasibility assessments to make business design led recommendations to the change leaders providing challenge and innovative thinking.
· Supporting the management and resolution of design risks & issues and managing changes in requirements or designs, ensuring alignment to the target states, priorities and OKRs and any other relevant change initiatives.
· Deliver explicit, quantified and testable requirements through the elicitation, documentation, validation, tracing and management of requirements maintaining solution traceability between business requirements and solution design, with the status and ownership communicated to relevant stakeholders.
· Providing post-implementation support to ensure that a business solution is fit-for-purpose and successfully embedded.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
· Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
· Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
· Life assurance worth 8x your salary
· 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
· The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
· Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
· Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
As the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do, we aim to do the right thing for our members and build society in the right way, but we need talented people who share what we believe in.
So, help us build on our values and in return, we’ll invest in you, providing great career opportunities, development and work life balance!
All our people have commitments and interests outside of their working day. The diversity that brings is something our colleagues and our members really value. We recognise that traditional working patterns don’t work for everyone, so we’re delighted to welcome your application for this role on a full time hours’ basis or on a flexible working basis.
We guarantee that your application will be judged only on the skills and capabilities you can offer compared to the requirements of the role, and also that we’ll be open and transparent in our conversations with you about how your specific preferences can be accommodated against the demands of this position.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.