Chief Product Owner 3.1
Chief Product Owner 3.1
- Location: Swindon, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Ref: R001700388
- Closing Date: 22 August 2019
• A Chief Product Owner
• Salary- £53,241 - £88,126 per year based on a 35 hours a week contract
• 9-month Fixed Term Contract/Secondment
• Based at our Head Office in Swindon
For more information on this opportunity, please contact Ian Williams - Director of Financial Controls & Ops or the Resourcing Manager- Luke Stone
Who we're looking for
There’s never been a better time to join Nationwide…
Did you know we’re the world’s largest Building Society? One in five people in the UK are our members and last year more people opened a current account with the Society than with any other brand!
Building on that success, we’re now on a hugely exciting and ambitious transformation journey to become a simpler, more agile and innovative organisation, whilst remaining relentlessly focused on delivering legendary products and services to our members and Building Society.
With significant investment, we’re focused on driving change that’s delivered ‘at pace’, is future-proofed and aligned with our strategic objectives and we’ll do this through our people.
And that’s where you come in…
As Chief Product Owner for the Central Communities Change Squad, you’ll be responsible for working with our Accountable Executives across our 3 communities (F&E, M&E and P&C) to provide a vision and direction to support Nationwide achieve its overall objectives. This a unique opportunity to lead and shape our journey which will deliver far reaching, positive impacts across the Society.
The successful candidate will have or be able to demonstrate:
• Proven ability to think strategically and create materials that clearly articulate that strategy/vision
• The credibility and gravitas to influence, manage challenges and maintain relationships at an executive level
• Strong analytical and communication skills with the ability to advise, prioritise and measure success
• Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to nurture and lead a high performing team, often through ambiguity
• Curiosity, high energy, intensity and tolerance for ambiguity
It would be nice if you also have:
• Experience of the three communities the squad supports spanning, Finance, Human Resources and Marketing.
What you'll be doing
• Responsible the creation of the Central Communities Squads Outcomes, Objectives & Key Results ensuring that we are focused on delivering value and are aligned to the overall Nationwide Strategy
• Responsible for the creation of a prioritised roadmap and backlog management, ensuring the squad maximises return on investment, making decisions to re-align/prioritise where needed.
• Proactively engage with other change leaders across the Squads and Hubs to identify dependencies into and out of the Central Communities Squad, and applying your problem-solving skills to resolve conflicting priorities and complex challenges
• Collaborate with centres of excellence and BAU shared services to communicate the Central Communities vision and outcomes to leverage support required
• Support the creation of the Quarterly Review memo (which reports delivery against outcomes) in collaboration with your Squad colleagues and team to present to the Quarterly Review and interlock forums chaired by the CEO and ExCo members
• Serve as the voice of the customer and work with the Delivery teams to agree high level delivery plans, including estimation and resourcing for delivering the agreed outcomes
• Lead the Business Design team to engage effectively with stakeholders to identify the business need and drive forward this capability within the squad
• Work with the delivery teams to encourage a lean agile mindset and ensure adherence to agile ways of working to foster a regular release cadence and maximise learning early in the cycle
The extras you'll get
As well as your salary, additional benefits include:
• 30 days holidays (on top of bank holidays)
• Company car cash allowance - £4,656 per year
• Competitive pension – you contribute 7%, we’ll contribute 16%
• Private healthcare
• Life Assurance
• Bonus scheme “Sharing in success” – our Society-wide, all employee variable pay plan
• Flexible benefits
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
As the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do, we aim to do the right things for our members and build society in the right way, which helps set us apart from our competitors. And we need talented people who share what we believe in.
So help us build on our values and in return, we’ll invest in you – providing industry leading learning paths tailored to your skills baseline, with individualised growth plans and a development ecosystem to support your desire to stay ahead with both technical and business skills learning interventions aligned to your career aspirations and desire way of learning (online, on-the-job, accreditations etc).
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities and encourages you to think differently and unleash your inner creativity and curiosity. We want you to feel supported to challenge the way of doing things if it doesn’t best serve the needs of our members or you.
If you’d like to be part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute whilst knowing your well-being and need for a work life balance are accepted, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
Interested? we’d love to hear from you.