Financial Analyst Senior Accountant
Financial Analyst Senior Accountant
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001700400
- Closing Date: 27 September 2019
• A Financial Analyst Senior Accountant in our head offices in Swindon, South West England.
• Salary: £42370 to £61201 (dependent on current salary and banding) based on a 35 hours a week permanent contract
The Finance and Efficiency community aims to focus on ensuring that we spend members’ money wisely by improving the efficiency and productivity across everything that we do.
The Financial Planning & Stress Testing team plays a vital role in ensuring Nationwide remains Built to Last, by running a year-round stress testing and forecasting programme that helps senior management really understand risks and vulnerabilities facing the Society. This includes delivery of our annual Concurrent Stress Test to the Bank of England (a truly high-profile deliverable), as well as an increasingly broad range of internal and regulatory stress tests and scenario analysis.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for an adaptable and versatile individual who is seeking a challenging role where they can make a real impact. You’ll thrive in a high-pressured environment driven by strict deadlines and competing demands. Your nature will need to be one of inquisitiveness, as well as having an appetite to challenge and improve existing processes. You will have a desire to successfully engage and support teams in finance and risk to drive the stress testing agenda.
As a minimum requirement, you’ll:
• Have experience in building strong working relationships with the ability to influence, working collaboratively with a variety of teams across Finance and Risk;
• Be experienced in the presentation of financial information to senior stakeholders and able to take a big picture view; and
• Have strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
What you'll be doing
Your responsibilities will include the following:
• Analysing stress test results, gaining an understanding of the key drivers of Nationwide’s performance in these exercises;
• Providing insight on these results to ensure they are appropriately presented in documents for ExCo and Board-level committees, as well as for the regulator; and
• Working closely with stakeholders across the Society to support and challenge stress testing deliverables.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.