- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £50,840 - £73,436
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Ref: R001700404
- Closing Date: 18 October 2019
• A Finance Manager specialising in technical accounting, in our head office at Swindon.
• Salary- £50,840 - £73,436 a year (dependent on skills and experience) based on a full-time, 35 hours a week contract
• 12-month fixed term contract for maternity cover.
• Send in your application by 18/10/2019
Nationwide is committed to providing equality of opportunity in employment, and to developing work practices and policies that support work-life balance. As such we welcome applications from those looking for flexible working and/or part time/job share.
This role partners with other teams in Finance and the wider business in assessing financial and accounting implications to support the decision-making process for delivery of the Society’s strategic objectives.
Who we're looking for
This dynamic role involves working with a variety of individuals and teams across the business on a day to day basis, requiring strong stakeholder management skills. A keen aptitude for technical accounting is also a must, as you will be considered a go to resource for accounting and disclosure matters. You will be able to plan and manage your work, to deliver high quality outputs to a deadline.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
• be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with a strong understanding of IFRS and significant post qualification experience
• have experience of external financial reporting
• have experience working with a range of stakeholders
It would be nice if you also had:
• experience of working in audit practice, preferably with a Big 4 or large national firm
• experience of working in a technical accounting or accounting policy roleIf you’re interested in knowing what you may be doing, read on.
What you'll be doing
As part of the specialist technical accounting team in Financial Reporting, you will be responsible for identifying, assessing and concluding on accounting and reporting considerations for a range of activities across the business.
You’ll support the Head of Technical Accounting and the Head of Financial Reporting, focusing on key responsibilities such as
• Working collaboratively with key business areas to assess the appropriate accounting and reporting treatment for the Society’s strategic investment priorities.
• Ensuring that the accounting for new product propositions is fully understood, including liaising with the external auditors where required.
• Identifying new accounting and reporting standards and partnering with other teams to assess impacts and ensure compliance.
• Managing governance and control requirements surrounding the appropriate selection and application of accounting policies.
• Supporting the team in the wider delivery of the Annual Report and Accounts and responding to ad hoc technical accounting and reporting queries.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.