Finance Manager - Fixed Term Contract
Finance Manager - Fixed Term Contract
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £50,840 - £73,436
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Ref: R001700437
- Closing Date: 28 January 2020
As a key member of the Financial Reporting team, the role of the Finance Manager combines important Regulatory Reporting to the PRA and the Bank of England with critical work supporting business initiatives and other corporate projects, including Nationwide for Business.
This role will suit someone who is looking for a fresh challenge to broaden their financial accounting experience whilst also supporting major business initiatives.
Who we’re looking for:
• A Finance Manager in Financial Reporting at our head office at Swindon.
• Salary- £50,840 – £73,436 a year (dependent on skills and experience) based on a 35- hours a week contract
• 12-month fixed term contract opportunity to cover maternity leave
• Send in your application by Tuesday 28/01/2020
Flexible working arrangements will be considered for this role
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
• Be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with at least two years post qualification experience
• Have experience of Statutory reporting
• Be proactive and inquisitive
• Have strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Be keen to collaborate across communities to implement change together.
It would be nice if you also had:
• Experience in financial services, however this is not a pre-requisite
• Experience in regulatory financial reporting
• A background of working in practice auditing a range of companies, examining financial reports and making recommendations or working in a large organisation with responsibility for producing complex financial reports.
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
• Your values, and what makes you who you are
• How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
What you'll be doing
This role sits within the Financial Reporting team and is a great opportunity to be part of a team delivering essential reporting to the PRA and the Bank of England. A key focus is ensuring accurate and reliable reporting, helping to maintain our strong relationship with the Regulators.
You’ll support the Senior Finance Manager and the Head of External Financial Reporting, taking a primary responsibility for producing reports, understanding reported information, maintaining quality assurance and control. You’ll also drive the implementation of efficiencies and oversee delivery through others to achieve continuous improvements across the reporting.
In addition, you’ll act as SME representing Financial Reporting on new business initiatives and other corporate change activity playing an important part in the ongoing financial success of the Finance Community and help towards the achievement of Nationwide’s strategic goals.
The extras you'll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
• A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
• Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus
• Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
• 25 days holiday
• Company car cash allowance - £4,656 a year
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities.
So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next:
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application
You may also be interested in these related vacancies
Financial Analyst Senior Accountant
£42,370 - £61,201
DevOps Configuration & Release Manager