Targeting Analytics Manager
Targeting Analytics Manager
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £50,840 - £73,436
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001800224
- Closing Date: 22 September 2019
We’re after someone to join our Member Contact Strategy team (Direct Marketing team) as a Lead Targeting Analytics Manager. You’ll be leading a team of five and working within a larger Marketing communications team who collectively define, develop and implement our Member Contact Strategy through our 1 to 1 communications.
- Based in Swindon however will consider applications who may wish to split time between Bournemouth, London and Swindon offices.
• £50,840 - £73,436 pa, plus car allowance, based on 35 hours a week.
• We’ve thought about the flexible elements of this role before advertising, so let’s talk flexible working.
- Please send in your application by 22/9/19
Who we're looking for
We’re not just looking for your experience and skills. We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people. So we want our employees to be just as diverse, too. We want to know about:
- your experience in a senior analytical role within a data driven organisation using structured query language (e.g. SAS, SQL)
- Your track record of delivering and communicating complex analytical solutions
- your knowledge of customer analysis, modelling and/or segmentation
- ideally you will understand financial services (but not essential) and an awareness of the role of analytics in delivering and evaluating effective marketing campaigns
- Your knowledge of trends in data science/advanced analytics and how you can spot opportunities to move us forwards.
- your experience of inspiring and leading teams.
- your values and what makes you who you are and how you can make a difference to our members
What you'll be doing
Your role and your team’s role is crucial to our success, harnessing the power and richness of our data and utilising your extensive analytics skills and experience to ensure we are talking to our members about the right things at the right time, identifying new opportunities, refining existing campaigns as well as better understanding the performance of our 1 to 1 marketing campaigns.
As the Society continues to invest in making sure it’s a truly data driven organisations and takes further steps forward in improving its advanced analytical capabilities, you will be working closely with colleagues across the Marketing community as well as our broader Data & Analytics community on both key Society wide projects and also on a more day to day basis.
The extras you'll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we offer a flexible environment. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours. We want to know how you like to work. And if we forget to ask, please tell us. We promise it won’t affect your chances at all.
Highlights of the benefits;
- Personal development/training – so you can excel and support your career aspirations
- Opportunities for flexible working, including the option to regularly work from home
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
- A pension scheme where if you pay in 7%, we’ll top it up to 23%
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the choice to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- up to two days of paid volunteering a year
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If you’d like to apply, just click the ‘Apply now’ button. You’ll need to attach your CV and answer a few questions, and you can attach a cover letter if you like.