Assistant Marketing Manager
Assistant Marketing Manager
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001800230
- Closing Date: 21 July 2019
We need a talented Assistant Marketing Manager to join our fast-growing Member Service Communications team. The focus is on the maintenance, continuous improvement and optimisation of the important ‘everyday communications’ we send to our members.
· Assistant Marketing Manager in the Member Service Comms team.
· The role is Swindon or Bournemouth based (however due to the nature of our work, a considerable amount of time will need to be in the Swindon office).
· £30,506 - £33,896 pa based on a 35 hour week
· We’ve thought about the flexible elements of this role before advertising, so let’s talk flexible working.
· Please submit your applications by Sunday 21st July 2019.
Help us to bring our brand and membership to life through our service communications
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of something a bit different. And part of something really quite special.
Our award-winning Marketing & Engagement community covers all sorts of things, from brand and advertising to digital communications, events to social investment, analytics to delivery - and everything in between.
A considerable part of this role will be focused on mapping our service communication journeys, gathering insight on these journeys then creating a strategy to transform these communications for our members.
In basic terms, these communications can be described as every letter and digital communication we send to meet our regulatory commitments and to fulfil the servicing and operation of member account(s). However, they are much more than this. They carry important and often complex messages and instructions that mark key moments or decision points in a members’ relationship with us and with our brand.
We have a duty of care to our members to make sure they’re clear, fair, not misleading and bring membership to life in a way that truly demonstrates our Building Society, Nationwide difference.
Who we're looking for
To be successful in this role, you’ll have:
· Experience in a marketing communications role
· Marketing qualification e.g. degree, CIM, IDM
To be successful in this role, you’ll be able to demonstrate:
· Experience of planning and co-ordinating projects from inception (brief stage) through to completion, to ensure complex business requirements, demanding regulatory timescales and brand and membership goals are met
· Experience of analysing complex briefs and using member insight and your outstanding communication skills to translate them into member focused propositions and engaging messages
· Experience of working with senior product and technical stakeholders to deliver challenging operational plans to achieve strategic aims
· A passion for championing member-experience and optimal member journeys
· Assertiveness and strong stakeholder management skills, to build credibility and gain the support of colleagues and 3rd parties, using negotiation and influencing skills, to drive positive member outcomes
· Strong budget management skills and a clear focus on efficiency
· Proven ability to manage multiple projects within a busy environment
· Exceptional standards of accuracy and attention to detail, to put quality at the heart of the work we produce
What you'll be doing
Below will give you a brief overview of the type of work you will be doing.
- Managing end to end delivery for new service communications, this includes meeting with stakeholders to define requirements, crafting excellent briefs, working with copywriters and studio to produce brilliant communications and literature, presenting work to stakeholders, managing approvals, working with document management and digital teams.
- You will also be responsible for ensuring the quality of existing communications and literature is maintained and of the highest standard.
- Owning and producing project plans, managing expectation and ensuring projects stay on track.
- Working with wide and varied stakeholders from across the Society.
- Supporting the team manager to plan the team’s resource.
- Being an inspirational mentor to the Marketing Executives within the team.
- A key part of the role will be to drive the optimisation and delivery of Member communications journey’s, working with creative agencies and insight teams.
The extras you'll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we offer a flexible environment. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours. We want to know how you like to work. And if we forget to ask, please tell us. We promise it won’t affect your chances at all.
There are all sorts of other benefits, including:
· a personal pension (most people put in 7% of their salary which we’ll top up by a further 16%)
· up to two days of paid volunteering a year
· buying or selling holiday, up to 10 extra days.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If you’d like to apply, just click the ‘Apply now’ button. You’ll need to attach your CV and answer a few questions, and you can attach a cover letter if you like.
We’ll get back to you as soon as we can to let you know if we’d like you to come in for an interview. The interview will be competency based with an exercise/task based on an aspect of Marketing.