Performance & Planning Assistant Manager
Performance & Planning Assistant Manager
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £30,506 - £44,065
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001800231
- Closing Date: 25 October 2019
We are offering an exciting opportunity to join the Marketing and Engagement community:
- A Performance & Planning Assistant Manager based in our Head Offices in Swindon.
- £30,506 - £44,065 per annum, based on 35 hours a week.
- We’ve thought about the flexible elements of this role before advertising, so let’s talk flexible working.
As part of the Marketing and Engagement Community, our role is to develop a data and insight driven 'member contact strategy' which supports the business across a number of the strategic cornerstones. The main cornerstone we support is the 'Thriving Membership' cornerstone by using our 1 to 1 communications to engage our members on a regular basis to build deeper and more engaged relationships with them. Communications focus on promotion of our products, services and anything else that might be important to talk to our members about.
As we talk to our members on a regular basis through these inbound and outbound 1 to 1 communication channels, we also support the 'Building a National Treasure' cornerstone by making sure that the Nationwide brand and story is represented in the best possible way. We do this by working closely with our colleagues in the Marketing Communications team who are responsible for the creative execution and delivery of our 1 to 1 communications.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for someone to join our Member Contact Strategy team to work with other teams within the Society, including those who run our website, design our products and services, analyse our data, manage our suppliers and look after our members. You will be instrumental in building and establishing the forward objectives for the performance team.
We are not just looking for your experience and skills, we are also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse too.
As a minimum requirement, you will have skills in the following areas.
- Marketing experience, including 1-2-1 channel communications, being able to demonstrate your understanding of products and market trends.
- Strategic marketing planning and execution (2-3 years’ experience).
- Your ability to bring people on a journey, making it fun and engaging in your delivery.
- Excellent communications skills, with the ability to tell tailored and compelling stories for multiple stakeholder groups.
- Strong influencing and presentation skills, being able to influence and present findings to a wide network of Senior Stakeholders.
- Interpret data from a variety of sources and make recommendations, using analytical skills to spot viable opportunities and act on them.
- Contributing to corporate targets and plans.
What you'll be doing
- Your role and circle of interest will span our full range of media channels both incremental and Last click – Internet Bank, Mobile App, Direct Mail, Email, Mediated prompts, Digital & Social and Outbound Calling.
- You will be responsible for surfacing individual campaign insight to help inform our 121-marketing strategy and assist Contact planning teams in making Stop, Continue and Refine decisions, taking into consideration both internal and external market factors to bring to life the story of performance.
- As well as providing recommendation you will be expected to look back, understand the changing trend of our campaign performance, providing explanation and root cause analysis. This will ladder up to Community reporting where you will be key in delivering Member Contact Strategy updates to Senior Stakeholder groups on overall objective performance against target, including Strategic Planning and Product areas as well as our own Member Contact Strategy Team.
- Although storytelling is a key part of the role, this will also revolve heavily around data interrogation and pulling out key insights from a range of source to fit into the narrative.
- As part of the role you will also be expected to build strong working relationships with third party suppliers and product teams to secure and review wider insight to provide a rounded view of performance
The extras you'll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we offer a flexible environment. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours. We want to know how you like to work. And if we forget to ask, please tell us. We promise it won’t affect your chances at all.
There are all sorts of other benefits, including:
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- An annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.