Marketing Communications Assistant
Marketing Communications Assistant
- Location: Swindon, Bournemouth, South West England
- Salary: £19,647 - £28,379
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001800243
- Closing Date: 25 August 2019
We’re after someone to join our Member Service Comms team as a Member Service Comms Assistant. You’ll be part of Marketing & Engagement, and you’ll work with other teams too, like our product teams who design and manage the end to end product journey, our legal and compliance colleagues who support us in making sure we’re doing the right thing for our members, and the Risk and Governance team who enables the society to have the flexibility to put our members first, within a framework that ensures we meet our governance and controls objectives.
• A Member Service Comms Assistant – based in our Swindon office (we will also consider applications based in our offices in Bournemouth)
• £19,647 - £25,000 pa based on 35 hours a week.
• We’ve thought about the flexible elements of this role before advertising, so let’s talk flexible working.
• Please send a covering letter and application by Sunday 25 August 2019
Why work for us?
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of something a bit different. And part of something really quite special.
Our award-winning Marketing & Engagement community covers all sorts of things, from brand and advertising to digital communications, events to social investment, analytics to delivery - and everything in between.
Who we're looking for
We’re not just looking for your experience and skills. We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people. So we want our employees to be just as diverse, too.
That’s why we want to know all about:
• your values and what makes you who you are
• how you can make a difference to our members
We’ll also be looking for:
• Experience in an administration or support role, ideally in marketing communications or a similar environment.
• Excellent time management and organisation skills, to prioritise your work tasks and meet demanding timescales.
• Excellent IT skills and an aptitude to learn new systems quickly and work within set processes
• Accuracy and strong attention to detail, as you will be responsible for proof-reading and quality checking important regulatory member service communications, to ensure they’re of a high standard.
• Strong analytical skills, to help you support efficiencies and budget processes within the team.
• Excellent interpersonal skills which enable you to quickly build credibility and communicate effectively with people from across the Society and within your own team, to keep people updated and to manage expectations.
• Flexibility and a calm and logical approach, as you’ll be juggling multiple tasks and meeting tight deadlines.
• The ability to think ahead and take planned action, rather than waiting for things to happen or for issues to reoccur.
What you'll be doing
• Facilitating the review and approval of communications coming up to the end of their review cycles, working with teams across the Society to gather approvals and processing these through our communications management system.
• Working with our Design Studio to make changes to our communications where required, taking the communication thorough to distribution.
• Monitoring printed stock levels and organising reprints.
• Working with our financial colleagues to support the monthly budget process. Raising quotes, purchase orders and processing invoices.
• Assisting the team with proof-reading and quality checking.
• Assisting with the maintenance of our member service communications asset library, SharePoint site and intranet page.
• Reviewing data and MI, to help us measure the success of our communications.
The extras you'll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we offer a flexible environment. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours. We want to know how you like to work. And if we forget to ask, please tell us. We promise it won’t affect your chances at all.
There are all sorts of other benefits, including:
• a personal pension (most people put in 7% of their salary which we’ll top up by a further 16%)
• up to two days of paid volunteering a year
• buying or selling holiday; up to 10 day’s sp
• access to a performance related bonus scheme.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next:
If you’d like to apply, just click the ‘Apply now’ button. You’ll need to attach your CV and answer a few questions, and you can attach a cover letter if you like.
We’ll get back to you as soon as we can to let you know if we’d like you to come in for an interview. The interview will be competency based.