Marketing Communications Executive
Marketing Communications Executive
- Location: Swindon, Bournemouth, South West England
- Salary: £25,421 - £28,246
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001800249
- Closing Date: 18 September 2019
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join Nationwide's Member Service Communications team as a Marketing Executive and help us to bring membership to life through our service communications. The focus is on the continuous improvement of important ‘everyday communications’ we send to our members. In basic terms, these communications are every letter and digital communication we send to meet our regulatory commitments and to fulfil the servicing of member account(s). However, they are much more than this. They carry important and often complex messages and instructions that mark key moments or decision points in a members’ relationship with us and our brand.
You will be analysing complex business requirements and transforming them into clear and compelling creative communications briefs
The role can be based in either our Bournemouth or Swindon head offices.
• We’ve thought about the flexible elements of this role before advertising, so let’s talk flexible working.
• Send a covering letter and CV by Wednesday 18 September 2019
Who we're looking for
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to demonstrate:
• Experience in a previous marketing / communications role
• A passion for brand and turning complex language in to meaningful messages
• An ability to write compelling communication briefs based on complex information and business requirements
• The capability to gain and use insight to recommend solutions and craft communications messages
• An aptitude to learn new systems and work within set processes.
• Confidence to work with multiple stakeholders from across the business and in multiple locations – including product teams, regulatory colleagues and technical and print delivery teams
• Excellent grammar, accuracy and attention to detail
• The ability to think ahead and take planned action, rather than waiting for things to happen or for issues to reoccur
• Excellent time management and organisation skills
What you'll be doing
You’ll be creating and improving Member Service Communications - and bringing the Nationwide brand to life, by:
• Taking complex business requirements and turning them into clear and compelling creative communications briefs
• Briefing our copywriting team to ensure they’re able to interpret your brief and create clear, logical and engaging communications for our members
• Proof-reading and quality checking (so accuracy and attention to detail is critical)
• Working across multiple communication formats - letters, emails and other digital communications
• Aligning messages to the Nationwide brand and tone of voice and bringing membership to life
• Updating communications to manage the rate change processes across multiple communications
• Working effectively with stakeholders from across the business and in multiple locations – including product teams, regulatory colleagues, creative studio and technical and print delivery teams – to ensure our member service communications are signed off and delivered within agreed deadlines
• Creating timings plans, to help plan our projects and communications run more effectively and meet deadlines
• Measuring the success of our communications to inform future decision making
• Supporting multiple communication projects, within demanding regulatory timescales.
The extras you'll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we offer a flexible environment. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours. We want to know how you like to work. And if we forget to ask, please tell us. We promise it won’t affect your chances at all.
There are all sorts of other benefits, including:
- up to two days of paid volunteering a year
- Personal development. Support and training to help you to excel and develop your career.
- Opportunities for flexible working, including the option to regularly work from home
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
- A pension scheme where if you pay in 7%, we’ll top it up to 23%
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays, plus the ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
If you’d like to apply, just click the ‘Apply now’ button. You’ll need to attach your CV and answer a few questions, and you can attach a cover letter if you like.
We’ll get back to you as soon as we can to let you know if we’d like you to come in for an interview. The interview will be competency based, and there’ll also be an case study/exercise/assessment.