- Location: Central London, London Area
- Salary: £25,421 - £36,720
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001800250
- Closing Date: 22 September 2019
We’re after a Marketing Executive to join our Member Service Communications team.
You’ll be part of a larger Marketing team, whilst liaising with other teams too, who design our products and services, analyse our data, manage our suppliers and look after our members.
Our award-winning Marketing & Engagement community covers all sorts of things, from brand and advertising to digital communications, events to social investment, analytics to delivery - and everything in between.
• A Marketing Executive based in our Central London offices.
• £25,421-£36,720 pa based on 35 hours a week
• Additional £4,687 London allowance.
• We’ve thought about the flexible elements of this role before advertising, so let’s talk flexible working.
• Please send in your application by Sunday 22 September 2019
Who we're looking for
We’re not just looking for your experience and skills. We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many kinds of people. So, we want our employees to be just as diverse, too.
That’s why we want to know all about:
• your experience within a marketing environment ideally working on 1 to 1 marketing campaigns
• your experience building and delivering emails
• A Marketing qualification or a degree.
• any experience you have of working with Adobe Campaign including template editing and build
• your experience in working in a B2B environment
• your values and what makes you who you are
• how you can make a difference to our members
What you'll be doing
We need a marketing Executive to join our fast-growing Member Communications team. The focus is on the creation, maintenance and continuous improvement of the important ‘everyday communications’ we send to our members.
This Executive role has been created to support the launch of our new Nationwide for Business account. You’ll be expected to get involved in the creation and sign off of a wide range of communications to support both the launch and the ongoing servicing of this new account.
As this is a different business (not customer) audience, we’d need to gather insight on this segment to understand their needs and how to best communicate to them. It would therefore be beneficial to have previous B2B experience.
As we get nearer to the launch of Nationwide for Business, you’ll be required to build and deliver a variety of direct, 1 to 1 transactional, service and marketing communications to members via multiple channels (where required) as per agreed plans. This might include creating marketing and service emails from scratch.
Be prepared to adapt to a non-conventional way of working with timelines constantly changing and requirements flexing as we gather insight along the way. You’ll need to be flexible to think on your feet and respond quickly to changing plans.
You won’t just be part of our Member Communications team, you’ll also be part of a virtual Nationwide for Business team, collaborating to deliver a fantastic new business account for our members.
The extras you'll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we offer a flexible environment. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours. We want to know how you like to work. And if we forget to ask, please tell us. We promise it won’t affect your chances at all.
There are all sorts of other benefits, including:
• Personal development/training – so you can excel and support your career aspirations
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays with an option to 'buy’ up to 10 days extra holiday
• up to two days of paid volunteering a year
• Opportunities for flexible working, including the option to work from home
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, and founded by ordinary people, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful. If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of something a bit different. And part of something really quite special.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next:
If you’d like to apply, just click the ‘Apply now’ button. You’ll need to attach your CV and answer a few questions, and you can attach a cover letter if you like.
We’ll get back to you as soon as we can to let you know if we’d like you to come in for an interview. The interview will be competency based, and there’ll also be a case study/exercise/assessment.
We’re hoping to hold all interviews in the week beginning 30th September.