Internal Communications partner
Internal Communications partner
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001800251
- Closing Date: 25 September 2019
• An Internal Communications Partner based in our Swindon Head Office
• £42,370 - £61,201 pa,based on a 35 hour week, dependent on current package
• We’ve thought about the flexible elements of this role before advertising, so let’s talk flexible working.
• Please send your application in by Wednesday 25 September 2019
We’re after someone to join our Internal Comms team as an Internal Communications Partner. You’ll be part of Propositions & Engagement, and you’ll work with other teams too, like those who run our website, design our products and services, analyse our data, manage our suppliers and look after our members. You’ll be key to helping our front-line colleagues understand, believe and drive action to help us deliver our strategy of ‘building society, nationwide’.
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of something a bit different. And part of something really quite special.
Our award-winning community covers all sorts of things, from brand and advertising to digital communications, events to social investment, analytics to delivery - and everything in between.
Who we're looking for
- You’ll be a communication professional who always thinks of their audience, balancing the society narrative and messages along with information that helps people do their jobs.
- You’ll be working with senior leaders so your ability to influence is crucial
- You’ll bring with you knowledge, creativity, innovative ideas, resilience and energy to ensure the communications agenda is delivered and received in the best possible way
- More important is your track record of working closely with senior stakeholders to develop a communication strategy, drive engagement and enablement strategies, understanding of channels and superb planning and organisational skills.
- Someone who can work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Combine this with your analytical acumen, openness to change and the ability to influence at the most senior levels and you’ll soon make your mark
What you'll be doing
Reporting to the Internal Communications Manager, you will own the internal communication plan for individual communities with responsibility for the creation of communication strategies as well as the delivery of a robust plan you’ve created based on insights.
Working with community leaders on a daily basis to both deliver tailored content across an array of channels and enhance their effectiveness as communicators. There are some big agendas that need to be delivered so you’ll be responsible for challenging status quo and bringing creativity to these important initiatives.
You’ll also be involved in helping our colleagues understand the Society’s key priorities and the role they play in delivering them.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.