Campaign Execution Analyst
Campaign Execution Analyst
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £25,421 - £36,720
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001800254
- Closing Date: 21 October 2019
We’re after someone to join our Member Contact Strategy team as a Campaign Execution Analyst. You’ll be part of Marketing & Engagement, and you’ll work with other teams too, like those who create our marketing content, design our products and services, analyse our data and look after our members.
- A Campaign Execution Analyst – At our head office in Swindon
- £25,421 - £36,720 per year (depending on experience) based on 35 hours a week.
- We’ve thought about the flexible elements of this role before advertising, so let’s talk flexible working.
- Please send in your application by 20/10/2019
Why work for us?
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too. If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of something a bit different. And part of something really quite special. Our award-winning Marketing & Engagement community covers all sorts of things, from brand and advertising to digital communications, events to social investment, analytics to delivery - and everything in between. If you’d like to apply, just click the ‘Apply now’ button. You’ll need to attach your CV and answer a few questions, and you can attach a cover letter if you like. We’ll get back to you as soon as we can to let you know if we’d like you to come in for an interview. The interview will be competency based.
Who we're looking for
We’re not just looking for your experience and skills. We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse, too.
That’s why we want to know all about:
• Your values and what makes you who you are
• How you can make a difference to our members
• Your experience or interest in working with data, either at work or university.
• If you’ve used a campaign management tool such as Unica, Adobe Campaign or salesforce.
• How you build relationships and have great communication skills, as there’s plenty of interaction with other teams – both internal and external – to formulate, build and execute campaigns.
• Your ambition and drive to make the most of this fantastic opportunity and get to know the world’s largest building society inside out.
What you'll be doing
From understanding our data sources to building and executing campaigns, you’ll be supporting one of our Senior Analysts in making sure our marketing campaigns are relevant, timely and personalised for each individual member.
You’ll work in a close-knit team of 12, as well as alongside our Targeting and Planning team, Comms team and some of our 3rd party suppliers. We’ll need you to be able to interpret data requests and grow your data skills to pull everything together and deliver targeted campaigns that benefit our members.
Some of your big challenges in the first six months will include getting up to speed with our data, learning how to deliver marketing campaigns through our campaign tool Unica, understanding the governance and controls we have in place and becoming a support to one of our Senior Analysts.
The extras you'll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we offer a flexible environment. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours. We want to know how you like to work. And if we forget to ask, please tell us. We promise it won’t affect your chances at all.
There are all sorts of other benefits, including:
• A personal pension (most people put in 7% of their salary which we’ll top up by a further 16%)
• Up to two days of paid volunteering a year
• Buying or selling holiday (up to 10 days)
• The chance to buy things like dental cover or childcare vouchers for you and your family
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members, which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.