Risk & Controls Executive
Risk & Controls Executive
- Location: UK Wide, Countrywide
- Salary: £25,421 - £28,246
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001800255
- Closing Date: 21 October 2019
Risk & Controls Executive based in Bournemouth, although other locations will be considered.
- A Risk & Controls Executive to join the Marketing Risk & Controls team
- £25,421 - £28,246 pa based on a 35 hour week.
- We’ve thought about the flexible elements of this role before advertising, so let’s talk flexible working.
- Send a covering letter and CV by Monday 21 October.
Join a small and busy team to support the Marketing team understand its governance and policy requirements, identifying risks and putting robust controls in place to help mitigate them
Are you interested in supporting a thriving community and senior leadership team grow in confidence in its understanding and management of society policies, risks and the controls we have in place to keep us delivering great communications honestly and safely?
With a brand new communications management systems coming down the line, we’re also going to be working very closely with the project to help embed it, and driving the ongoing training and management of the system when the project moves into business as usual.
We need an enthusiastic, self-driven Risk & Controls Executive to join our brand new and rapidly evolving team and help make a real difference. Governance and controls have never been more important and in-focus than now, and as the society evolves its processes and the way it manages risks, our team has been put in place to really get under the skin of all the controls and governance the community has in place, or needs to introduce.
If this sounds interesting please come and have a chat with Liz Hocking, the hiring manager, or Lisa Baker in Resourcing.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for someone who is highly organised, has great stakeholder management skills and the ability to analyse current community risks and controls for effectiveness.
There will be daily and monthly tasks to complete, but also new actions and projects to pick up in response to business focus and senior leadership focus. So, we need you to be able to plan your day, week and month with efficiency and have a flexible approach to change.
It’s also important to have a passion for making sure that the best member outcome is at the heart of everything we do, across the business and within the communications our community delivers.
As a minimum you will have these qualities:
- Great communication skills, both verbally and written
- A proactive nature to work independently, thinking ahead and taking planned action as appropriate, giving updates on activity progress to the manager as appropriate, as well as when asked
- Resilience, influencing and collaboration skills, to help build trust and maintain conducive relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders across the business
- Be able to analyse information and produce concise and informative reports and presentations, in Plain English and at a level that all our stakeholders will engage with
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel (able to manage data formulas and sheet formatting) and Powerpoint
- An interest in governance and policy
It would a bonus if you had experience in using Sharepoint Online.
What you'll be doing
- Collating all requests from the business for new ways of managing communications through the Flo system (our new communications management system) and liaising with the supporting third party to create the new workflows.
- Once the project to launch the new communications management system moves into business as usual, you will support on the ongoing training on the system across the comms managing teams in the society.
- Supporting the team manager in getting under the skin of society policy documents, understanding current controls in place to help mitigate community risks and where the gaps might be.
- Monitor the Marketing Trigger mailbox, adding new requests for mandatory change into the Trigger log and sending the requests out to the community to complete their impact assessment.
- Telling an engaging story through monthly reporting on the community’s position on expired asset management and all controls testing to be completed to help check the community understands and can meet the requirements of society policies, with a focus on the newly launched Brand, Member and Colleague policy (formally the Member Communication Policy).
- Supporting on the action and delivery of actions resulting from meetings, Senior Leadership direction and business activity such as Audits.
- Champion the importance of understanding our risks and the controls we have in place as a means to allowing the community do what it does best and deliver the best member outcome through excellent communications.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• An annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.