Internal Communications Partner - Change
Internal Communications Partner - Change
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001800258
- Closing Date: 21 October 2019
• An Internal Communications Partner – Change, based at our Swindon Head Office
• £42,370 - £61,201 (this range is based on 35 hours per week), salary dependent on experience
• Full time OR flexible working pattern
Please send in your application by 21st October 2019.
It’s a great time to be at Nationwide and in particular, part of our award-winning Internal Communications team.
This is your chance to join our dedicated Change Communication teams, who have the goal of driving the right colleague understanding, belief and action to support the transformational change needed to achieve our purpose of building society, nationwide.
All our people have commitments and interests outside of their working day. The diversity that brings is something our colleagues and our members really value. We recognise that traditional working patterns don’t work for everyone, so we are delighted to welcome your application for this role on a full time hours basis or on a flexible working basis.
Examples of the types of flexible working we offer include reduced hours, part time and job sharing.
We guarantee that your application will be judged only on the skills and capabilities you can offer compared to the requirements of the role, and also that we will be open and transparent in our conversations with you about how your specific preferences can be accommodated against the demands of this position.
Who we're looking for
A strong influencer and resilient individual, you’ll work directly with senior leaders across the Society, often in pressured environments with tight deadlines. You’ll use your expertise in communication to deliver creative and high impact communication plans to support transformation programmes, achieving the right levels of cut through and engagement.
You’ll be a team player within the wider Communications team, helping to create a dynamic and a high-performance environment and set the standard for best practice in internal communication.
As a minimum requirement we are looking for someone who has the following skills:
• Flexible, able to think on their feet and respond to changing situations.
• Have experience of working at a management level in internal communication or related discipline
• Have a proven track record in the delivery of high-impact and creative internal and change communication action plans
• Sound business acumen, good organisational awareness and strategic approach to problem solving.
• Good interpersonal skills and the credibility to advise senior managers and directors. Ability to build constructive and collaborative working relationships.
• Excellent written and presentation communication skills.
• Be educated to graduate level or equivalent
What you'll be doing
To achieve our ambition of building society, nationwide, and to keep pace with member, industry and regulatory expectations and requirements, change is the new normal at Nationwide. With an ability to think strategically, your role will be to deliver communication plans to drive the right understanding, belief and action among our 19,000 colleagues to successfully deliver change.
Reporting into the Change Communication Manager, you’ll develop change communication plans that are fully integrated into our overall Communication strategy and plan, utilising the full Communication team model (including Newsroom, Leadership and Community Engagement, Campaigns, Digital Channels and Planning & Outcomes teams) to successfully execute change communication plans at a Society-wide and community level.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the World’s largest Building Society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.