Senior Network Engineer
Senior Network Engineer
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001900783
- Closing Date: 31 May 2019
- Senior Network Engineer in our head offices in Swindon.
- Salary up to £73,436 a year based on skills and experience on a permanent 35 hour a week contract.
- Send in your application by 31/5/2019
We are looking for a highly experienced network engineer with solid networking background to technically lead and inspire a rapidly expanding operational team which is supporting our core business.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Have an engineering or computing degree with recent switching, routing, security and network management skills.
- At least 10 years’ experience in network operations.
- Advanced MPLS, OSPF and BGP experiance
- Worked for a large enterprise with experience in support, design and architecture as well as working with on and offshore outsourcers.
- Be an approachable team leader with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
It would be nice if you also had design and support experience of:
- Cisco IOS, XE and XR
- F5 LTM, GTM and ASM
- Microfocus NOM Suite, Skybox, Stealthwatch, Splunk
- Linux System Management, Python Scripting and Ansible.
- Cisco ISE, NAC
- Cisco ASA, FTD, Juniper SRX
- McAfee, Bluecoat and Cisco WSA Proxies
What you'll be doing
You reporting to the Senior Manager responsible for Network Operations and running our network operations team providing hands on coaching and leadership for your area. Your goal is to prevent incidents occurring, but when the worst happens, restore service in the most pragmatic and efficient way. As well as excellent technical skills you will be required to line manage and coach staff.
You will have a small but highly skilled team working for you, complemented by outsourced resources. Governance is an important part of this role and you will need to be comfortable to both perform reviews and be audited. You will be part of an on-call rota (never more than 1 week in 4).
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.